Class Rankings (1 Viewer)

0bs3n3

HSC
Is there much point trying after your class rank has been locked in? (Obviously you'd try during the external exams).

First English assessment last term was 25%, half-yearly and a seperate exam this term are 20% each...what's the point trying after this term in English then? 65% would have been locked in, aren't the ranks then cemented? Would it still be possible to change my rank?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Is there much point trying after your class rank has been locked in? (Obviously you'd try during the external exams).

First English assessment last term was 25%, half-yearly and a seperate exam this term are 20% each...what's the point trying after this term in English then? 65% would have been locked in, aren't the ranks then cemented? Would it still be possible to change my rank?
That would depend on what the gaps are between you and those ranked around you e.g. if there was 10% between you and those immediately either side of you then it would be difficult to change the ranks (but then again they could completely stuff up one and thus give you an opening) but if there is only 1 - 2% difference then the ranks can change markedly.

I have had situations where the ranks appeared set after 60% was done but then one student did something strange and they changed.

Always try as you can only control what you do but someone else can make a major mistake.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
You may not be able to move up very much, but people will still be trying, and if you don't try you may lose the rank you have.

Definitely keep trying.

twistedrebel

HSC
keep going, 5 marks extra can mean the difference between another 10 scaled mark(so another 1-2 ATAR points). So each mark is important

Sadiah

HSC
What the kid above said, and please don't give up! Just keep trying. You're not gonna lose anything, instead, you might gain something.

Don't give up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)