Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I started my actual 'hand in' BOW on Tuesday :D

So far, I have worked on it for about 7 hours. I'm hoping to keep at about 5 hours at least a week, as I have 70 individual canvases to paint :eek:

Ohhhhh yeah baby, inspiration is back!

23 weeks left kids :)

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
luscious-llama said:
Oh man I'm still yet to get anythign completely done, BAH I NEED A DAY WITH MY MODEL..and a car and someone with P plates :mad:
I got my P's on Friday :)

Really handy to have :)

joe1016

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
I started my actual 'hand in' BOW on Tuesday :D

So far, I have worked on it for about 7 hours. I'm hoping to keep at about 5 hours at least a week, as I have 70 individual canvases to paint :eek:

Ohhhhh yeah baby, inspiration is back!

23 weeks left kids :)

it can't only be 23 weeks.........................im not ready for that

holy shit

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
it can't only be 23 weeks.........................im not ready for that

holy shit

16oish days sound better?
if you need help i'm willing to offer advice etttttttttc

joe1016

HSC
luscious-llama said:
16oish days sound better?
if you need help i'm willing to offer advice etttttttttc

really thanx..........i will come to you when my BOW is due in two weeks with no process diary because i think its a waste of art-making time!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
really thanx..........i will come to you when my BOW is due in two weeks with no process diary because i think its a waste of art-making time!
If you don't forge ur damn diary now I will shoot you. It is still valid!
It still counts in school assessment! dude! its vital!
they wont certify that you did this major work on ur own and that'll disadvantage you in the HSC!

joe1016

HSC
dude i was joking........

my teacher is on my case about it already.

i have finished (sort of) one canvas already and starting a new one....

im just not very good at making a pretty "artsy" art book... im a messy person.

my art is the only "artsy" stuff i can do...

its the fact that i see the girls in my class with big huge full pages of colour and experimentation. i have done some but not as much as them but im definitely the furthest into my art BOW......

ok???????????????????????

ehh...

HSC
ah! good morning *tips hat*...
ah its interesting seeing all of your ideas
hehe this is cool
i see... i'm late and messy also... and quite intimidated now.
but it's ok.. i seem to be doing quite a bit ... but not sure which bit will be the bit that is best.
sooo like B&W photography, sculpture/installation... video.. uh... maybe all together?
my idea? based on a book, ill seen ill said..
and if i explained, it would sound too cliche...

chocoholicnella

HSC
hey all im very stressed,

on friday i had a really bad day all thanks to my visual arts teacher i had been taking photos for my BOW when i showed her after a few shoots that she was pleased with as was i i showed her another lot and she didnt like them and really wasnt happy with my prograss i have no idea how im gonna develop these pictures even more im so upset

my theme is gluteny with the use of chocolate and photography does any one have any good words of advise for where im being lead with my BOW

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
chocoholicnella said:
my theme is gluteny with the use of chocolate and photography does any one have any good words of advise for where im being lead with my BOW
would love to help but...what on earth is "gluteny"???

if I were you I'll try make chocolate versions of the pics you took ;)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
chocoholicnella said:
hey all im very stressed,

on friday i had a really bad day all thanks to my visual arts teacher i had been taking photos for my BOW when i showed her after a few shoots that she was pleased with as was i i showed her another lot and she didnt like them and really wasnt happy with my prograss i have no idea how im gonna develop these pictures even more im so upset

Gluttony?
Chocolate and Photography.
You're going to have to try and be extremely creative as you've picked a fairly narrow field to concentrate your major work on.
It is not an entirely original idea either i'm sorry so you're going to have to pick a way to make it original.

Easter is a good time to set up shots outside of Darelle Lea/places with chocolate displays and get your best friend/dog/enemy/mother to look positively lovingly at the chocolate displays.

Though i'd recommend a sculpture you know. A giant chooclate bar personified as a monster of gluttonny see.."Fiona Hall's Morality Dolls" 1984 and possibly....that artist who sculptured giant food items too.
Look at everything you possibly can when it comes to gluttony...even the reverse, anorexia and poverty.

So yeah, if you get into art express, credit me in your VAPD

:p
Bye.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
dude i was joking........

my teacher is on my case about it already.

i have finished (sort of) one canvas already and starting a new one....

im just not very good at making a pretty "artsy" art book... im a messy person.

my art is the only "artsy" stuff i can do...

its the fact that i see the girls in my class with big huge full pages of colour and experimentation. i have done some but not as much as them but im definitely the furthest into my art BOW......

ok???????????????????????
Art diaries don't even get marked dude.
They don't need to be pretty.
I aim to finish before my entire class, mine's installation photography and if anyone steals my idea they're going to go down.

chocoholicnella

HSC
luscious llama
hey thanks for ur advise and ideas
one question however im searching fiona hall on google nothing appears for her morality doll so the question is there another name it could possibly be called, am i typing something wrong
or should i be looking else where

thanks again
cya

kit scara

Lyres Lair, just past the pink baloon tied to the
HSC
I am PISSED OFF. They say it's a Body of Work, and then they say that it's a figure of speech, that I don't actually need a body. Don't they know how hard it is to get a body these days without being arrested for murder or graverobbing in a small town?

My theme is "the Dreamer", and I am building a body from the inside out then suspending it.

Hi chocoholicnella...mm... chocolate. That's a really awesome theme, glutteny, very relevant and interesting and cool. Hey, have you looked at Fiona Hall, the stuff she does withsardine cans? Maybe you could play with packaging and such, just a random irrelevant idea.

Did anyone else see Edwin Wurm and the Kienholz exhibition around Christmas last year at the Museum of Contemporoary Art?

Porcia

HSC
kit scara said:
I am PISSED OFF. They say it's a Body of Work, and then they say that it's a figure of speech, that I don't actually need a body. Don't they know how hard it is to get a body these days without being arrested for murder or graverobbing in a small town?

My theme is "the Dreamer", and I am building a body from the inside out then suspending it.

Hi chocoholicnella...mm... chocolate. That's a really awesome theme, glutteny, very relevant and interesting and cool. Hey, have you looked at Fiona Hall, the stuff she does withsardine cans? Maybe you could play with packaging and such, just a random irrelevant idea.

Did anyone else see Edwin Wurm and the Kienholz exhibition around Christmas last year at the Museum of Contemporoary Art?
hahahahaa funny woman you are, the first chuckle i've actually had in this tedious art forum... and YES! i saw both erwin wurm and kienholz - it was very interesting... what are ur thoughts

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
kit scara said:
Yes!

That was gooooooooood :)

kit scara

HSC
Porcia said:
hahahahaa funny woman you are, the first chuckle i've actually had in this tedious art forum... and YES! i saw both erwin wurm and kienholz - it was very interesting... what are ur thoughts
Why thankyou, salacious stranger, should you further need to be entertained with the thought of puns about bodies I hope I can assist. Hey, now I think about it, should I ever get short on bones for what I my corpse of toil, there is a graveyard immediately next to my school, and a school with many many year sevens whom I'm sure no one would miss that much...

I thought Edwin Wurm was really witty and challenges these basic social mores that are so strong these days. I loved how he made teh audience part of the artwork so they couldn't help but get involved it, yet the works were so simple. Having that kind of sense of play is something I think is lacking in a lot of art today, it seems like you need some kind of huge essay of a conceptual idea explaining what should, I think, just be art, something that essencially doesn't need a reason to be because it comes from something greater than that. I mean what could be more deep, spiritual and lifechanging than watching a guy put a bunch of plastic flowers in his pants? It was just... freedom.

Man, the Kienholzes scared the hell out of me. I was actually more scared in that exhibition than I was in any horror movie I've ever seen, and my best friend used to play inhuman pranks on me during them, like, one of my friend's dad once came in revving a chainsaw wearing a hockey mask when we were watching 'the Texax Chainsaw Massacre', as bad as that. I was moved by the Kienholzes though. They have such attention to detail, and though most things were grotesque and nightmarish, they had this deranged kind of beauty to them too. It's interesting the kind of language they use to convey their political agendas too. They really cut to the bone, and it was strange how in the first room, they had those ideas for other artworks, and I was thinking , oh hey, that's really funny and post modern, reminds me of the crap we have to write about our artworks, and then when I saw actual artworks, it was like really they were serious. It reminded me a little of Cindy Sherman's work, the way she'd use refuse and mollested dolls and yet use a really beautiful kind of texture, conveying something terrible and dark in a beautiful way. And kind of James Gleeson too, but he isn't as in your face about it.

Hey mr brightside, how did you like the Fat Car? I liked the one minute sculptures, I'd do the thing with the clothes and the nails on my wall, but I've kind of run out of room. But I have half a guitar nailed to one of them, does that count? What other exhibition/artists/maps-of-migrational-habits-of-squirrels are you into?

corsair

HSC
yeah im gonna throw my hand up for being in the 2006 hsc group... been trying to get in here and post the second it was made but its only now that they've actually let me in here.....

digital media.... making a movie.... mmmmmmmm zombie's.... so i get to walk around my school making a nuisence and having an absolute ball...

anyone else out there doing similar? im interested to see who else is taking on the challenge.... this movies kept me thoroughly exhausted.

artist influences.... David fincher, leigh whannel, Andrzej Bartkowiak

other than that mainly photography....

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
corsair said:
yeah im gonna throw my hand up for being in the 2006 hsc group... been trying to get in here and post the second it was made but its only now that they've actually let me in here.....

digital media.... making a movie.... mmmmmmmm zombie's.... so i get to walk around my school making a nuisence and having an absolute ball...

anyone else out there doing similar? im interested to see who else is taking on the challenge.... this movies kept me thoroughly exhausted.

artist influences.... David fincher, leigh whannel, Andrzej Bartkowiak

other than that mainly photography....
Mmm, there's only one person at my school making a movie out of 77 art students in year 12.
I'm creating a narrative photography work.
I'm starting to get annoyed at the amount of people who claim that their photography is great and all and its really just the same as the next persons.
Though saying that, there is some amazing stuff out there.

How'd you only get onto the forums now? That's really weird!

Kit Scara you amuse me girl...mmm Cindy Sherman, she was alright, I prefered her less grotesque photography though. Her self portraiture's lovely.

kit scara

HSC
Hey corsair, you mad photographer person you. If you need my corpse for your zombies, I suppose I could mail it to you. But if the cops get there before it does, it was a gift from an unknown yet stunningly beautiful princess from a country that is now extinct. One of my good friends was going to do movies for EEEEEEVERYTHING, because he was insane, yet stunningly good at it, but he gave up on his one for ext 2, because making movies takes a whole lot of organisation, and it is against the HSC code (leaving everything to the last minute then bullshiteing your journal) to be organised enough for that many movies. But a guy from my school got into art express for his movie last year, maybe you saw it, it was about his teddy bear going missing or something, I can't exactly remember, but the guy played a mean cello in his former years.

A thousand chocolate coated blessings upon your house, oh fair and graceful luscious llama. Might I ask why you are named after such a nobel pachiderm? Admittedly Cindy Sherman's work can be vastly gross and confronting, but that was the point of it I guess, so it's successful art. Still if you had a print of it in your house all the time, you would probably go insane and start building a giant termite and peacock farm or something. You know, like you do when you have a confronting work in your house.... I know I'm not the only one, guys, fess up. I like that Sherman does get all political about the use of the body in the media. The Canadian writer Margret Atwood has a theory that guys don't actually have bodies, because they aren't on magazines, because on guy's mags there's skimpily dressed chicks, and on chick's mags, there are less skimpily dressed chicks, so where do all the guys bodies go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)