Class of 2006. Gather Ye. (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
darksbane said:
No ext2 for me....but no sciences either ^_^ Yay for Adv English, Art, Music, IPT and General Maths :D

Boo for 4 major works >.<

YAY darksbane! :D
Yeah I have 4 major works
art
hist ext
ee2
sor1

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
*High 5's the no Maths & Science students with ext2 and art under their belt*

I am pathetic at drawing, it's such a handy talent to have but alas, I succeed in the field of hopelessness. Oh oh, who's going to go and see the portrait exhibition at the AGNSW? The one concerning 500 years of great portraits.

YOU ROCK!

I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM I AM

yeah man...on the 31st of Marchy

punk_tartan

HSC
has anyne actually started their BOW ...... i got really scared when my art teacher told me that i was the only one in our art class that has started and has a concept bal blahhh

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
punk_tartan said:
has anyne actually started their BOW ...... i got really scared when my art teacher told me that i was the only one in our art class that has started and has a concept bal blahhh
I should narrow it down to what I want to do by the end of this week. I've been experiementing a lot but have not started on the product that I will be submitting for my HSC.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Hermzie said:
I should narrow it down to what I want to do by the end of this week. I've been experiementing a lot but have not started on the product that I will be submitting for my HSC.
:) Nice! I'm about the same, been experimenting with styles really.
Just got to get out there and DO IT. YAH!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
punk_tartan said:
dearest tartan punk cha, basically yah, we've started! 1/3rd ddue in 2 weeks for me on a friday, oh ew ick argh

kirryn

HSC
wow i had no idea this was here... the wonders of the 21st century... lol or my lack of technical ability. I was reading some of your posts and you all have brilliant ideas... i have a small art class so its good to see what others are doing. so thanks for encouraging me, im the only one in my class who has a rough direction as to what they are doing lol so hopefully it pays off... peace

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
luscious-llama said:
YAY darksbane! :D
Yeah I have 4 major works
art
hist ext
ee2
sor1
Lol, I have

2 for IPT
1 for art
1 for music

And I hope that is all :) If I have anymore I won't be a happy chappy, thank goodness I dropped D&T or I'd have 5 =/

gatesey

HSC
HEY ARTY '06IES!
it's funny, i am so in love with really getting in to a piece of work i can feel (physically) i love clay and paints and texture but i came up with this concept about 4 weeks ago that i couldn't persue any other way except through film so here i am! slaving away infront of my computer and wondering around the city like a tourist/terrorist! but i'm absolutely loving it!
i was experimenting in imovie with my mac when a man from mac and our IT man walked in and now i'm off to the mac dept in the city to have a little chat with the pro's and have a sneek peek into the whole film industry! they want 10-12 other ppl but i'm the ony one at my school with a mac!

--> other slight glitch... my concept (formed 4 weeks ago as mentioned) was recently used by a tropfest finallist! anyone catch bubbleboy? yeah... i was just about to start filming my dad in bubblewrap and then some guy goes and gets in first! AAARRRGGHHH! but it's ok, mine looks at his physical state (and will be better fingers crossed...)
goodluck all of you! you all highly intimidate me.
hope to get to know u better
and get in touch if ur doing a film on a mac and live near the city (syd), i'd love to chat!
MWA xoxoxo

gatesey

HSC
bumchumchic said:
hellooo =)

ummm. im doin art too yayy lol
but i like fully suck.. and lack inspiration/motivation
im doin my bow on fashion.. abut its sterotypes, how you can gain an image or reputation from it, how ppl hide behind it, or show their personality
its still abit vague and im kinda stuck. i need more artist as inspiration, and just insiration on how to do experiemtns and that kinda stuf. im really inexperienced when it comes to meddling with mediums. eeeeeeep.
does anyone have any ideas/feedback..?? =) is my theme to cliche??
xox
i rekon u should try experimenting with pop art/poster art and andy warhol type stuff with it's repetitive confronting nature
i loved his concept of looking at idelic figures (marilyn munroe & elvis) and manufacutring them so they stare out at u like an army and loose thier indivuduality
what makes ppl famous?
is anyone really an individual? - we're all human
what r we hiding from?
just goes with what grabs u and sometimes not looking for inspiration can lead to the best concepts ever!
goodluck

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
kirryn said:
wow i had no idea this was here... the wonders of the 21st century... lol or my lack of technical ability. I was reading some of your posts and you all have brilliant ideas... i have a small art class so its good to see what others are doing. so thanks for encouraging me, im the only one in my class who has a rough direction as to what they are doing lol so hopefully it pays off... peace
WELCOME KIRRYN TO THE REALM OF THE 2006 HSC ART STUDENTS!
We rule the world with a paintbrush and camera (okay and the pastel and pencil and the collage)

Anyway, I think that you should come back more often and if you need any questions , ask away, I reply within a day or two :)

xx

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
gatesey said:
HEY ARTY '06IES!
it's funny, i am so in love with really getting in to a piece of work i can feel (physically) i love clay and paints and texture but i came up with this concept about 4 weeks ago that i couldn't persue any other way except through film so here i am! slaving away infront of my computer and wondering around the city like a tourist/terrorist! but i'm absolutely loving it!
i was experimenting in imovie with my mac when a man from mac and our IT man walked in and now i'm off to the mac dept in the city to have a little chat with the pro's and have a sneek peek into the whole film industry! they want 10-12 other ppl but i'm the ony one at my school with a mac!

--> other slight glitch... my concept (formed 4 weeks ago as mentioned) was recently used by a tropfest finallist! anyone catch bubbleboy? yeah... i was just about to start filming my dad in bubblewrap and then some guy goes and gets in first! AAARRRGGHHH! but it's ok, mine looks at his physical state (and will be better fingers crossed...)
goodluck all of you! you all highly intimidate me.
hope to get to know u better
and get in touch if ur doing a film on a mac and live near the city (syd), i'd love to chat!
MWA xoxoxo

Yo Gatesy!
Your idea sounds very awesome. I hope it all goes well for you and that the slaving pays off. Damnit I dont have a mac! (and i'm a HEAVY photoshop user)

I think you can still do your concept, don't worry about tropfest peoples.
And it will definately be better, can't wait to see stuff

Love, llamaduke arty llama :D

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
gatesey said:
i rekon u should try experimenting with pop art/poster art and andy warhol type stuff with it's repetitive confronting nature
i loved his concept of looking at idelic figures (marilyn munroe & elvis) and manufacutring them so they stare out at u like an army and loose thier indivuduality
what makes ppl famous?
is anyone really an individual? - we're all human
what r we hiding from?
just goes with what grabs u and sometimes not looking for inspiration can lead to the best concepts ever!
goodluck

What makes people famous?

Infamousness: OE: Paris Hilton: Sex videos, blonde hair and dumb looking pets

Film Industry
Music Industry
Whatever appeals to the masses really.
Sometimes the odd artist will become extremely famous

Trillium

HSC
Drowning in paint... buried under clay... tangled in computer cords or blinded by camera flashes.
The usual.
*waves*
Um. I have arrived late, as is usual. Im doing VA this year... moved from animation to charcoal sketches to painting so far... have yet to find a concept, but have almost two canvases done! *rejoices*
I guess i like the graphic side of things, using a bit of grafitti and a few images from popular culture and mixing it together. Bold shadows and not much colour variation *^_^*

~Trill

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Trillium said:
Drowning in paint... buried under clay... tangled in computer cords or blinded by camera flashes.
The usual.
*waves*
Um. I have arrived late, as is usual. Im doing VA this year... moved from animation to charcoal sketches to painting so far... have yet to find a concept, but have almost two canvases done! *rejoices*
I guess i like the graphic side of things, using a bit of grafitti and a few images from popular culture and mixing it together. Bold shadows and not much colour variation *^_^*

~Trill
*waves back at Trilly*

Thats okay for arriving late, most of us arent punctual and will never be punctual either.

Oh man I'm still yet to get anythign completely done, BAH I NEED A DAY WITH MY MODEL..and a car and someone with P plates :mad:

good luck

xx

Jeza

HSC
Hey Lama yu sound cute.

Hey don't hate me guys but I am a painter and digital photgrapher. My BOW is basically 3 bill boards of self portraits and a series of digital images of like yes bill henson (but different). I also appropriate the works of of self portraits with myself. My concept is a exploration of my self through self portraits both serious and satirical. I'm challenging people to perhaps ask whether a self portrait is a self portrait or just a fiction I want to construct for the audience to comment on first impressions

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Jeza said:
Hey Lama yu sound cute.

Hey don't hate me guys but I am a painter and digital photgrapher. My BOW is basically 3 bill boards of self portraits and a series of digital images of like yes bill henson (but different). I also appropriate the works of of self portraits with myself. My concept is a exploration of my self through self portraits both serious and satirical. I'm challenging people to perhaps ask whether a self portrait is a self portrait or just a fiction I want to construct for the audience to comment on first impressions

Hey Jeza,
Nah i'm not cute, just an unasian asian who loves photography.

Yay another digital photographer!
Bill Henson is excellent, but he's going to be appropriated ALOT during this HSC (for sure man). I met him last year at his ..lecture thing at the NSW Art Gallery. He's a boring lecturor, but a fantastic photographer.
Your work sounds challenging and interesting, and I hope to see some examples soooooooon!!

Love from the Llama

Trillium

HSC
I envy you digital photographers. I can't take photos for anything. At all. Ever.
Annoying, much? *sighs*
Oh man I'm still yet to get anythign completely done, BAH I NEED A DAY WITH MY MODEL..and a car and someone with P plates
hehe. P platers come in handy... i should go get my L's...
see. Being late extends to everything, dammit.
~Trill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)