• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Class of 2005 - Which texts do you do? (1 Viewer)

Which text do you do?

• King Lear

Votes: 96 36.6%
  • In The Skin of a Lion

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Wuthering Heights

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Cloudstreet

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Citizen Kane

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Harwood Poetry

Votes: 35 13.4%
  • Yeats Poetry

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Speeches

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • ATSIC website

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wild Swans

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Please vote as per poll. And keep any general discussion about Critical Sudy of Texts in here.

Thanks.

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
wuthering heights

theres not much schools and people doing wuthering heights!!! its so hard!!! and there lack of notes in bos!!! anyone who does wuthering heights, or did it last year??? please contribute!!!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm, true.. not many doing the wuthering heights.

4 out of 6 of our school's english advanced classes are doing King Lear. =p

lil_nat_cat

HSC
Yea, it is true that not many are doing Wuthering Heights but instead lots of classes are doing King Lear! I'm doing King Lear now and I hate it!!

I understand what's going on in the play, its just writing essays and all those stupid interpretations being explored is a pain!!!!! And I have an assessment this Friday on King Lear, given 3 essay q's and 1 of them will be chosen on the day........=_=".............sux for me coz I can't write a proper essay being that they're all freakin C's!!!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Wow, Wild swans does appear to be an interesting text, perhaps its much easier to interpret and understand rather than King Lear..

lfc_reds2003

i reckon WH is awesome and no too hard

t'is better than bloody shakespeare tho i can look dforward to that in Module A (Hamlet yay ;P

Jenny852

HSC
yeah agree with all of ya~! king lear totally sux! and so does shakespeare~! all pll do is die and betray each other in all his texts!and plus~~ he's such a dirty man~! lol~

boite nature

HSC
we are doing king lear... I like shakespeare but I didn't really enjoy reading this. It's annoying to study but the essay questions we've had so far aren't too bad.. you just have to write heaps about context and stuff. which is also annoying. grr i dont like english

boringhousewife

HSC
I would much rather have done King Lear.
Although, I have to say I don't mind Harwood's poetry. Just would rather King lear. They don't care what I like though.

firehose

HSC
I'm doing Wuthering Heights. From rough memory half the advanced classes are doing WH while the others are doing either King Lear or Poems.

WH is initially a REALLY hard book to get into, but once u read some plot synopses and u learn the character relationships (man they sound complicated), it's turning out to be a very enjoyable book. Can't wait to finish it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Has anyone here actually done two Shakespeare plays for HSC? As in Module A: Hamlet and R+G are Dead, and Module B: King Lear? I feel so sorry for them.

I also pity those doing two Austen works for HSC: Module A: Emma/Clueless and Ext Eng: BBC Pride and Prejudice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)