class of 2003 (1 Viewer)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
:)

Who's doing music this year? If so, what course/instruments/media?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
yeah well...no visitors since last october is making me wonder whether this forum is becoming overly-populated by people who only take english, maths, science and economics. Where are all the musos?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hahah i'm not a muso myself [although i love to listen to music and sing, even tho i cant sing to save my life]... but 3/4 of my group is... they are freaks! hahahah yeah...

Juliet

HSC
Course: Music Course 1

Instrument: Voice, Violin (ha ha both V's :D) and Guitar ( a little bit)

Media: ????

Juliet

HSC
I forgot to mention the tenor horn too as part of instruments

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
that's great Juliet.

welcome!...have you started choosing your programme yet? tell me a little more about the music 1 course...I don't know much about it, because I did 3unit music under the old HSC back in 2000. Is it smiliar to the old Music 1 course? Which elective(s) are you doing?

Juliet

HSC
Weisy: Here's some info on Music Course 1.

In this course we are required to pick topics for each term. Eg: Australian Music, Medieval Music ( btw i did Medieval Music in Yr11).

Then each term we are marked or assessed on one or two things to do with that topic, Eg: Musicology Viva Voce, Performace.

I am doing these topics for Yr 12:

- Music of the 20th and 21st centuries. ( done already)
- Music for radio, film, TV, and multimedia. ( doing at present)
- An instrument and its repertoire. ( may change)

I don't know anything about the old HSC Music Course because I don't know anyone who has ever done it....:confused:

The Music Course 2, if you do it in Yr 11, you can do the extension 3 unit. Which I am guessing is what you did.

My program will (at the moment) be two performaces, and maybe one composition. I will most probably sing for all my performaces, i do that best and I love it too.:disco:

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
performance - castles made of sand - jimi hendrix - music and small ensembles
performance - classical gas - mason williams - instrument and its repotoire
composition
core performance - if i had a hammer - vince jones

phunky

i did music, and i had the best fun it was an absolute blast! i did music 2 in yr 11, and then dropped to music 2 cos there was only 3 of us in music 2 and one teacher between 2 classes so it was just crap.
have fun everyone, don't worry about the exams and stuff- music was way easy, mys best subject- I don't regret doing it! :)

chip

HSC
doing music 1 , sax
2 performances and 1 viva
electives- jazz, instrument and its rep and music in education

Katey

HSC
I'm doing Music 2 and extension, I sing and play the flute. Last year I was in a class of four and I was doing it with an outside tutor (My school only offers music 1) but now I'm the only student doing it so I have to do Music 2 through Distance education, and extension through private tutor. Ahhh Distance ed. is so hard.

--Kate

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I did a subject via distance ed last year, but I'd imagine that music would be hard to manage. Did you pick performance electives?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by Juliet
Weisy: Here's some info on Music Course 1.

In this course we are required to pick topics for each term. Eg: Australian Music, Medieval Music ( btw i did Medieval Music in Yr11).

Then each term we are marked or assessed on one or two things to do with that topic, Eg: Musicology Viva Voce, Performace.

I am doing these topics for Yr 12:

- Music of the 20th and 21st centuries. ( done already)
- Music for radio, film, TV, and multimedia. ( doing at present)
- An instrument and its repertoire. ( may change)

I don't know anything about the old HSC Music Course because I don't know anyone who has ever done it....:confused:

The Music Course 2, if you do it in Yr 11, you can do the extension 3 unit. Which I am guessing is what you did.

My program will (at the moment) be two performaces, and maybe one composition. I will most probably sing for all my performaces, i do that best and I love it too.:disco:
sounds great. :)

yeah, music 1 hasn't really changed, it seems.

So how's everyone finding music so far?

@lexei

Yeah, im doin music 1

Ive got my half yearlies in 3 weeks time and i have to do a core performance and musicology.... and then i have to do 3 more own choices, viva's, compositions or performances.......

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
that's cool @lexei, what pieces are you doing?

Katey

HSC

Hi Weisy,
Yeah it's a bit hard to manage - especially when I'm doing 2 subjects by D.E. Which subject did you do by D.E??
Yup I picked performance electives.

Kate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)