Class of 2003 IT HSC Results (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
How did you go?????

Hey all hope you are all having a good time and have left your computers alone for a little while. I hope you have discovered the simple things in life outside of school and are looking forward to Chrissy and a big night out for New Year celebrations.

I met with a couple of IT teachers the other day and they all seemed to think that it was a good exam that you sat. There wasn't much discussion so i really cant say much. Anyway please reply to this thread so i can find out how you all went.

Winston

HSC
Well i got 85 not the best but i knew i did alot of mistakes lol and the fact i hate scenario type questions, but normally get full marks on MC and short answer except for short answers so im suprised and happy.

Winston

HSC
Andrew, that's tommorow @ 9 am

everyones gonna go all tense for sure

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I would like to know personlas about effort and study..//sweathers. A fantastic effort such as that requires a lot of work. What can u say about study and your teacher as being a teacher I would always like to learn how to be a better one. Who better to learn from but the students.....

sweathers

Hmmmm, where to begin.

Tought at Manly Selective Campus, by the senior technology admin for the school.

Teacher was at a technology level that the students can relate too. Knew his stuff, was certified to teach CCNA etc etc. His youth meant he was current with his knowledge, which is always a welcome rarety.

The year was spent doing very little, with only remedial exercises occasionally. Not so much a fault of the teacher, but rather there is a lack of textbook or guidelines for teaching a subject that is common sense to most mildly technology driven kids.

Spent about 2 days studying prior to the exam, which consisted solely of reading the notes kindly supplied by Chicki and Najdi and going over past exams. So many thanks is due to Chicki and Najdi for supplying the closest thing to a textbook for the subject.

In terms of effort and study, it gained less attention than every other subject. No doubt any of the other kids would treat the subject the same.

Overall, its a crash course in computing and computer applications. The misinterpretation is that it is going to expand the knowledge of Information Technology to a student who already knows how to create a mail merge.

Regards,
Jim

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I have to agree with Jim

I was in the same class for a year and I was concerned with the lack of material that we had

It was really basic IT knowledge which is why I dropped the course because I felt like it was a complete waste of time. THere was also the fact that I had no material to study and the test was the totally unpredictable...

I picket up 2 extension units of IT outside the school (Cisco Semester 1 and 2) and this was throughly worth the time. 04 Kids, if you have a chance to take up the CCNA "preperation" course, do it because the stuff you learn is invaluable...

As for teaching quality, our teacher was very qualified (IT this is) but it was hard because of the lack of support material for this course.

A suggestion to teachers: Whoever wants to earn a bit of money that understands this course throughly could do so because of the lack of material.

Congrats once again to Jim and any 04ers that are doing this subject good luck for the HSC

Beaky

marko

i was worried about this subject throughout the year, because it was always going to count towards my UAI. we had one 4hr lesson every week, which consisted of playing games, surfing the net, chatting on msn; and i kid you not we would have done about 20 mins of actual work every week. i ended up with 88 for IT and 95.75 uai but i owe that mark to my years of being exposed to computers rather than anything done in class. the course is a bit of a joke if i can get 88 with no study, and 90 in mathematics wehre i worked the hardest consistently all year :/

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I got 91 for IT. I'm pretty happy with that.

Well, actually I'm astonished! A band 6 in anything is enough to stoke me.

Y2Jackie

Damn, I thought I did really well but you all seem to have done better... 84 but I did it in the one year instead of 2. So yea, basically I'm in Year 12 now... but I did do it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)