Class of '08 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

melc47

HSC
Hey, yeah I'm doing 4 unit mathematics. Its hilarious cause I'm in a class with two other boys, with a male teachers. Its been like that last years as well...same in 3 unit,,,

Subjects:
Physics
Chemistry
Ext1 Maths
Ext2 Maths
Adv Mathematics
Adv English
Ancient History

career: Medicine

leisl1990

HSC
im using coroneos and fitzpatrick,
so far we almost finished complex no. , but questions in fitzpatrick seems to be much easier than coroneos. the last part about locus in coroneos was really tough..

Poad

HSC
*raises hand*

Cambridge 4U Textbook here, although my teacher said we'd rarely use it...

FerengCheng

Inactive account
HSC
That Terry Lee guy who writes textbooks, his son is in my grade and my school and he's got a #1 ranking.

It sucks.

We're using Patel's as well.

tom101007

HSC
well im doing 4 unit
we are using cambridge 4 unit, i myself have picked up the excel 4 unit book
i find most of complex numbers easy but there are just little bits that i just cant do, which feels weird after how all the other maths has been, my maths teacher is always telling us that the course is designed to separate the very top from the top and its an achievement to get into the class, so at least you dont feel stupid when you cant do it

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
*raises hand* Present.

Man, Circular Motion sucks, they decide to start with the last part of the last topic [Mechanics].

Dammit.

eliseliselise

HSC
i'm here!!!!!

we use fitzpatrick at school but i have a copy of the aesthetically pleasing blue covered patel book to keep me off the streets.. i might invest in a cambridge... why are all 4 unit textbooks so... dull? not content wise!! but like the font is either times new roman or courier new in black on white paper.. for 3 unit last year it was GREEN and this year it's pinky/purpley which is quite mind-stimulating~

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
FINALLY dropped Extension 2. So I'm out of here!

Good luck guys :).

PS: I have an absolutely new copy (apart from two or three lines of highlighting in the Complex Numbers section) of Cambridge 4U if anyone's interested :eek:.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Cambridge doesn't mention on the back of their 3u year 11 textbook that they even have a 4u textbook. I can't find it anywhere!!

gm.haider3000

HSC
i do math 4unit .. I failed my general maths exam and hoping to do 4unit and 3unit becuase general and 2unit exam were to hard .. hey guys cambridge dont do good working out :mad: i hate it can some one tel me where are you guys/girls up to

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Are you allowed to do both General and 2U Mathematics?

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
here! and late to class as usual. as ferengcheng stated earlier, our school's using patel. *whispers: her mother is a maths tutor...*

leoyh

mic`
HSC
me.

in school we use fitzpatrick and arnold (which is the older version of cambridge)

at tutor i use terry lee cause my tutor is terry lee lol

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Patel is a nice book. It's not a COMPLETE reference, but it's got a lot of neat tricks and if fairly easy to understand.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I think the old 'Patel' is better tho it has a much smaller size: A5 compared to A4 of the Excel.

The 'Cambridge's are still the same for both old and new versions.

The '50 tips' is quite neat and clear. That's a good book.

I just have a look at a few pages of Terry Lee's after having to wait for ages at the State library. I think it's not too hard. Some of its questions are examples in the Cambridge. The average level of difficulty is above the Cambridge but not sure if compared with the Patel (old) because the Patel has some very hard (!) questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)