Class of 05 - UAI & Course? (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
So what are you planning to get and what course/where?
Me:

1. Bachelor of Economics - UNSW - 90.05
2. Bachelor of Computer Science - UNSW - 85

Pace_T

HSC
1. Engineering - Computer Systems - UTS 82.50
2. Engineering - Computer Systems - UWS 67.00

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Combined Law - UNSW - 99.3
Combined Law - ANU - 95

That's about it
Is there such a thing Maths/Law?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Law
Dont think im good enough for the top sydney unis so im aiming for whatever UAI i can get but aiming for 90
also interested in accounting
business

=slade=

HSC
bacholar of tourism/event management/ resort management not sure yet!!
Martin College - no UAI needed
southern Cross - 65

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
uai 80=
1. macq b ebusiness dunno bout 70s
2. uws b ebusiness bout 70s

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
just wonderin how many preferneces can u have for uac application?

Pace_T

HSC
i have absolutely no idea what i want to put for my other 7 choices O_O

FinalFantasy

HSC
heyhey, miss_gtr i think there has been misunderstanding... i think slide just wants to make sure we know what happens in the course, i.e u need to do maths in those science courses... he juz helping!!
lets peace! :)

FinalFantasy

HSC
c'mon... PeAcE... there's notin wrong with him telling someone that they need a particular subject for a particular course... just go and do the bridging course if it's necessary and show him!!

Pace_T

HSC
i have to do a bridging course also - for physics ><

dont worry miss gtr im sure u'll get into the course you want no doubt!!!

FinalFantasy

HSC
i have to do a bridging course if i get into my first or 2nd preference as well...
hehe miss_gtr lots of us need da bridging, so notin wrong w\ dat.. anyway like pace said, im sure u'll get into ur course!!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
missgtr. what slide is trying to keep pointing out is the obvious. not anything to do with intelligence or intellectual capacity. he is merely trying to emphasise the point of needing to do a bridging course on maths. IT courses are very maths orientated. i checked it out last year at the unsw open day. they said that they needed maths extension for some of the IT courses.

the bridging coruse is over a one month period from what i have heard. in that period you learn all the maths that would have been done if one had sat the hsc for that particular maths.

you will have to use maths basically throughout the course. from the general view of you on this forum, i get the impression that you really hate maths. fair enough for the people who do it, but you do not. however, do not flame me at that point. slide, i one again assume is merely trying to point out the danger of choosing the wrong course. fair enough if you want to do it even after he explains to you the major components of the course, which is dealing with some form of maths. that is up to you and you alone.

as members resonponding to your post, we can only comment, suggest and advise you on your choices as i would for my courses. and this brings us back to uai and the ability of you to do maths. i will currently assume that you did not do maths in year 11. it is really difficult to get to the ability of others in your course if people are very competent at it already in some form of maths. i realise that most of them had to have done at least 2u advanced maths.

oh yeh, i want to do:
B Arts (Psychology)/LLB 95.65

at macquarie if i can get the uai for it. it looks doubtful at this point.

these are my other choices should i get the uai.
B Arts (Psychology)/LLB 91
B Science (Psychology)/ LLB 91

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
At the moment these are the two main options that I'm looking at:

Combined Arts/Medicine (BA MBBS) UNSW which requires roughly 98+ with a good UMAT and interview score.

alternatively,

B Arts adv. (Philosophy & Pure Math) 98.85 at USyd, after which I would hope for a brief segue into the post-grad med course at USyd.

Both of the above options are pretty daunting to get into but I feel pretty safe having a normal arts degree to fall back on (anywhere where they let you major in philosophy and math) so I know I'll have an option somewhere.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)