Class clash (1 Viewer)

specialjenny

HSC
Hi all,

I just encountered the problem of class clash when enrolling between a one hour lecture and a two hour lecture. And of course it just does not allow me to proceed with enrolling.

According to this:

"Time scheduling conflict, student not enrolled in class
Your enrolment request was not processed because of a timetabling clash. The class you were trying to enrol in overlaps partially or completely with a class you are already enrolled in. If you wish to enrol in this class and drop the class with which it clashes, use the Swap function. If you believe you have good reason to enrol in both classes, apply to your Program Office to override the clash. You may send a message to your Program Office or contact them in person if you wish."

I just sent an email to my Program Office (wonder how long it would take them to reply) saying my plan was to attend the two hour lecture but will catch up with the audio lecture and online notes for the other lecture that I'll miss out on.

Is that a good enough explanation to hopefully override the clash?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

specialjenny

HSC
Oh and does anyone know when we can renew our student cards? I need to get a new transit sticker concession pass.

Thanks heaps.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Are there other lecture streams that you can attend for those subjects? If there is, then you'll probably need a pretty good reason (as in not just saying you'll catch up), but if theres no other way for you timetable to work other than having those classes clash then the chances are you won't be the only one affected and they would make a concession.

ID cards, from this thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org/2686412/post-6.html

specialjenny

HSC
Thanks for your reply.

No, there aren't any other lecture streams that I can attend. But they probably won't let me override the clash because one of the two subjects is an elective, but I REALLY REALLY want to do that course BADLY. Plus I mean it's only the lectures that are clashing.. not the tutorials..

But thanks again. Your help was much appreciated.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
I had a two hour clash last semester and they let me go through with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)