Clashes... (1 Viewer)

Megz

Oh...it's you!!!
This timetable business really annoys me... I have a clash between EDUC105..Monday 9am and MATH135 Monday 9am...both are Lectures...educ has 2 lectures in total, and math has 4 lectures in total...I would swap so i did MATH136 in semester 1, but it's prerequistite is a Pass in MATH135...is there a way of getting around this? or should I just skip one of the lectures?

muli

Do one of the clases as an evening session (if they have that option), as much as that sucks, i think it's ur only way out :(

Megz

Oh...it's you!!!
EDUC105 is only offered First semester day, MATH135 is offered First semester day or second semester evening...but if i do MATH136 first semester, its in the evening, but has a prereq of 135 (P)...and, i dont think there is anyway around it, unless i do MATH135 and MATH136 in second semester...but even then, im still not having the prereq of MATH135 (P)...

muli

yeh you're right....damn that's inconvinient....you could always just take the EDUC lecture, then get notes for the MATH ones (hence don't go to the MATH lecture). If there are 4 lectures in total, it's not like you're missing a huge amount.

Besides, some people find that they take in very little during the lectures and they're a waste of time, so mabye this is a blessing in disguise ;)

Megz

Oh...it's you!!!
yep...sounds good......now...do we know anyone else who is doing MATH135 and attending the lecture at 9am monday morning???? hey..lets become friends....ill wuickly look over ur notes...hehehe...
or..maybe we get one of those lecturers who just dictate out of a text they have written....you would save yourself a whole lot of time by just buying the textbook and doing the reading at home.....unless, you don't do work by yourself, then you should attend the lectures...

doe

HSC
N/A
unless you're the bees knees at maths, id reccomend buying the Stewart textbook on Calculus, You can use it in MATH135 and MATH136 (you could broadly say the first half is math135 and the second half is math136, though there is an algebra component as well, but algebra is easy :)). they have a series of pdf's that is meant to be the "text" (chens's notes) - i and everyone else i spoke to found them absolutely useless to learn new material from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)