• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Clarification - multilateral agreements (1 Viewer)

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
I was doing last year's Catholic Trial papers, and the first multiple choice question was:

Which of these is a multilateral agreement?
A. World Trade Organisation
B. NAFTA
C. CERTA
D. something else I don't remember

Anyway, on the official answer sheet, it said the correct answer was NAFTA. However, I was taught that WTO is a multilateral agreement. Obviously they can't put two right answers. So.. which is it? x_x Gahh I'm confuse!

haru

HSC
WTO is a Global Agreement, CERTA because is a Bilateral Agreement so it has to be NAFTA

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Actually, isn't CERTA now a multilateral agreement, now that singapore has been added to the equation?

-P_D

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
nickyroony said:
I was doing last year's Catholic Trial papers, and the first multiple choice question was:

B. NAFTA
C. CERTA

Anyway, on the official answer sheet, it said the correct answer was NAFTA. However, I was taught that WTO is a multilateral agreement. Obviously they can't put two right answers. So.. which is it? x_x Gahh I'm confuse!

I've seen that question so many times now and im only a preliminary student ..

your other answer was OECD

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Oh okay, yeah NAFTA really does make a lot more sense. I decided to read the whole chapter in Leading Edge again, and LE textbook also says that WTO is multilateral while NAFTA they describe as regional agreement.

Gah! Oh well. NAFTA makes sense, so I think I'll stick to that.

gnrlies

HSC
nickyroony said:

B. NAFTA
C. CERTA

Thats not a very good question.

Nafta is a regional agreement.

the WTO was founded on an international agreement (uruguay round), howevor it is an organisation not an agreement. It is the only answer that is truly indicative of multiaterilism, howevor it isn't an agreement per se.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Haha at this topic. Don't bother. A lot of the questions in CSSA you could debate heavily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)