Civilization IV (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
OMGOSH! i love Civ 4......i mean Civ 3 was one of the best, considering how much better it was compared to Civ 2.

Though my dad has played Civ since the beginning.
I remember when i lived in Gymea from about 4 i use to annoy the hell out of him by watching him play Civ 1!!..with a TV as the screen..back in the days when u could do that!

CIV 4 rocks!!!

Has anyone played the Sea verison of Civ?..i cant remember wot its called, but the same guy made it, when u have to travel the 7 seas, to find maps, save Govener's daughters & fight pirates!!!

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Has anyone played the Sea verison of Civ?..i cant remember wot its called, but the same guy made it, when u have to travel the 7 seas, to find maps, save Govener's daughters & fight pirates!!!
Are you thinking of Pirates! ? or the recently re-released version of Pirates! ?
There is also one called Colonization where instead of the world you go for the Americas, I liked Colonization better than Civilization.

HSC
There is also alpha centauri - and fantastic worlds which was an extension of civ2. I liked the fantasy senario on it.

Stalk_if_you_ dare - should have convinced your dad to teach you how to play instead of bugging him :D I was luck enough to have my sister's boyfriend who wanting to make a good impression on the family taught me how to play civ. It slightly backfired though when at dinner at the age of 6 or 7, I asked him "should I make friends with the romans and then kill them?". He felt really bad for corrupting me like that. Doesn't matter though - he got married to my sister

Tolrs

HSC
Ok so I know this thread is on Civ 4, but i just read that post mentioning Alpha Centurai.

I havent played it for a few years but Alpha Centurai still holds a place in my heart as the best computer game ever. It was so emotionally involving, as well as having the civ style of making you think about every move and control an entire society. The world had a post-apocalyptic feel as well as the 'alien' feel because you had come from an earth that had somehow destroyed itself. Having to re-build society, with the ever constant threat of your opposition and the insane native worms. Then you could really connect with the type of society you chose to build, like the business centered morganites, or the spartan warrior society.

They could remake this game without any improvements except graphics and I would die from excitement.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Tolrs said:
Ok so I know this thread is on Civ 4, but i just read that post mentioning Alpha Centurai.

I havent played it for a few years but Alpha Centurai still holds a place in my heart as the best computer game ever. It was so emotionally involving, as well as having the civ style of making you think about every move and control an entire society. The world had a post-apocalyptic feel as well as the 'alien' feel because you had come from an earth that had somehow destroyed itself. Having to re-build society, with the ever constant threat of your opposition and the insane native worms. Then you could really connect with the type of society you chose to build, like the business centered morganites, or the spartan warrior society.

They could remake this game without any improvements except graphics and I would die from excitement.
Get out of my country!

lol....sorry, i keep saying that lately:wave:

Raginsheep

HSC
My recommendation would be Civ IV. AOE 3 in my opinion was a step backwards from the excellent previous two titles. Haven't played Empires at War though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)