Civil Engineering! (1 Viewer)

learner64

HSC
Hi everyone,

i was just wondering if someone who has done 2 U maths in year 12 is going to experience a lot of problem with the civil engineering course despite doing the bridging course. The assumed knowledge for civil engineering is 3 U maths.. but is there anyone who has done 2 U maths in year 12 and has successfully completed civil engineering?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If you did 2unit maths you would really struggle with the content in the first week imo.

learner64

HSC
If you did 2unit maths you would really struggle with the content in the first week imo.
does that mean people doing 2U won't be able to do it? would you be fine if you did briding course?

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
does that mean people doing 2U won't be able to do it? would you be fine if you did briding course?
Probably they can do it if they did a bridging course and worked hard, but I found some of the Calculus stuff in the first week a bit challenging and I did 4unit.

LordPc

HSC
Probably they can do it if they did a bridging course and worked hard, but I found some of the Calculus stuff in the first week a bit challenging and I did 4unit.
the calculus stuff isnt hard, its actually quite simple. its just that Blennerhasset's teaching style is a bit quick and some of his examples are full on. when you combine that with trying to fill the gaps in his course notes you just dont retain much of what he is saying

kooltrainer

HSC
cant say much abt how helpful the bridging course is coz i nvr been to one.. but 2 unit? ... even a 4unit would think the contents are hard..

dun be discoruaged.. i have seen some friends doin eng with 2unit background...
they got a pass conceeded

learner64

HSC
cant say much abt how helpful the bridging course is coz i nvr been to one.. but 2 unit? ... even a 4unit would think the contents are hard..

dun be discoruaged.. i have seen some friends doin eng with 2unit background...
they got a pass conceeded

thanks for the info..

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry, usually the level of maths you have done doesn't matter as much as how much you understand/enjoy it.

Even from 3u background, I find the maths course quite challenging, but it isn't an obstacle b/c I enjoy doing maths problems. (not that you'd find me reading maths books for leisure or anything lol).

Doing a bridging course can help, but If you are a slow learner (meaning it takes a while for info to sink in), then you'll struggle doing that.

learner64

HSC
ye. repeat? LOL NO. honestly, just go to all lectures and tute and just study 1 hour a week .....and hard out for the final and you will get a D
that's cool.. i thought you would have to repeat if you got a D or a lower grade than that.. LOL. thanks heaps bud!

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm....Uni grading System (for UNSW anyway)

P - pass (50%)
CR - credit (>65%)
DN - distinction (>75%)
HD - High distinction (>85%)

When he says D, he's referring to distinction. :)

Last edited:

learner64

HSC
Umm....Uni grading System (for UNSW anyway)

P - pass (50%)
CR - credit (>65%)
DN - distinction (>75%)
HD - High distinction (>85%)

When he says D, he's referring to distinction. :)
woah! i am really sorry mate.. i totally misinterpreted the meaning.. DISTINCTION?? that's awesome! thanks for clarifying it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)