city 2nd preference (1 Viewer)

HSC
i have put nursing @ kuring gai as my first preference and city as 2nd (because if you get less that 72, but more than 66 you can possibly get in as long as kuring gai is your 1st preference)

hypothetically...if i get 85 or more, will i get an offer from the city campus, or will i have to change my preferences around, and risk not getting into either of them?

i would prefer to go to city, but i didnt want to risk not getting in at all...thats why i put kuring gai 1st

does this make any sense?

HSC
Yes it makes sense, but for now u shoudl leave it the way it is cause you always have the chance to change preferences later right?

So incase you get a UAI between 66 and 72 u can still potentially get that spot at KG UTS as long as its ur first pref like uve said.

If u get 85+ u should change it (once u recieve ur UAI) and put city as first cause otherwise if u leave it as 2nd theyll look at your first prefernce that u have the marks to get into and that will be kuringai and give u a spot there even if uve got the mark for the 2nd pref etc

Hope this helped
Goodluck!:D

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Yeah I'd change it in the second round once you've worked out what your UAI is definately going to be.

I will have a heart attack if I don't get into any of the courses or campuses. I just hope that I will get above 70 but I what I really want is the BA BN.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Well my attitude since my last post up there ^ has changed dramatically.

I am in pickle and scared out of my mind on which Uni to pick... Usyd or UTS?... and main round closes nxt week!

I definately want to do a B of nursing city campus if I choose UTS but if I choose Usyd, I'd have to do M in nursing/B of Arts which I'm scared of since I dont know if I can handle that much workload... I feel so screwed... I wish I could just make up my mind- its driving me insane beyond words.

Can I ask- is the 3rd year of nursing completed at KRG if you choose city campus? thnx

HSC
Im not a 3rd yr yet (however there are some ppl on here who have been or are) but i think some of the subs are out there whilst some are in the city...

I had the same situation with choosing between usyd and uts and one factor that influenced it was someone asking a question at usyd open day about whether having the masters did anything extra initially e.g. pay etc and the lady was like no, initially ull just be a new grad etc. So yea i just guess its a matter of going to the last open days and asking them wat the masters would entail and i *think* the semesters start earlier to try and squash in the double degree, but not too sure.

I have a friend doing a combined nursing course at syd but she hasnt started the nursing part since as u have to wait a yr to do that...

Goodluck in choosing!!! :)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Does your friend find it hard to manage both degrees? and is she doing a language arts course?... sorry for the intrusive questions but I really want to know a bit about the whole thing.

Also, is a masters course harder than a bachelor?

Last edited:
HSC
Nah its fine, like i mentioned she hasnt begun the 2nd part (nursing) as u have to do ur first yr as the other degree, , she will be this yr.

She is doing the exercise sport sci combined with nursing.

You should ask at the open day (if ur going) about the difficulty, i think in my opinion it may be more difficult in terms of the schedule of having to do both courses. Just doing the bachelor alone this yr i found it difficult at times in combining prac twice a semester and then studying and doing reports etc, but then again u do have down periods where the workload is a bit less. I guess time management would have to be good with the syd course.

When are the preferences due in?

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Main rounds should be in and end 4th January.

Right now, UTS has the leverage over Usyd. I'd just hate to regret that I missed out on a better opportunity... this is just as stressful as the wait for the UAI letter- all I keep thinking about is "you're gonna be spending 3-4 years at uni so you better make the right choice"...

Yeah I'm going to the info day`[dont think I have much choice]. This is the only thing that will make me sway one way or the other. btw has semester 2 ended? are you on holidays?

HSC
Yea dw i understand the feeling i was exactly the same uts or usyd :s

Yea semester 2 has ended at like end of nov :p Nice and long holidays which is good :D

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
haha nice. :p

I hate the situation I'm in... hey is it true that the hospital can call you at any time to come down there or something? i knnow it sounds weird but ive heard that.

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
shanti96 said:
as a student.

and also, do you spend one day a week at krg?
No, you just do the prac blocks you are assigned to.

As a KG student I spend 1 day a week in the city and 3 at KG. City students spend 4 days a week in the city (for first year).

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
How bout the 2nd year? and is the last year dedicated to krg campus?

HSC
We've just had to re-enrol in our subs for next yr and all mine are in the city (as a city student).

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/nmh/ug/c10122.html if u go to that site and then click on the course codes for each course it will tell u the availability, as in where the course is held, some are both campuses whilst some are only 1. This is mainly the case with 3rd yr.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ so you havent been to the KG campus yet? I hear its a bitch to get there.

Right now Im 75% sure i'll be enrolling for the bachelor of nursing at city campus. UTS may not be as flash as usyd but i think their nursing faculty is far better than any other uni.

upright

HSC
N/A
shanti96 said:
How bout the 2nd year? and is the last year dedicated to krg campus?
All 3rd years go to Kuring-gai.

HSC
Ive travelled to KG for enrolment last yr and yea its a bitch to get to from the city, but meh

Have u seen the nursing labs at usyd, cause arent they at the mallet st campus, i never got around to checking them out lol

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Well the Usyd Info day is on tomorrow [today actually...its 1:14am lol] and they have, I think, 1 mini lecture about nursing though I'm not sure that we'll be heading to the Mallet Street nursing faculty...

eesh... today is the day I make my final decision! Wish me luck :)

Can I ask... do you ever regret not going to Usyd lil_georgie_gal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)