Citizenship!!!! (1 Viewer)

Lebstr

HSC
Hi does anyone no anything about citizenship applications and how long they usually take to be processed and/or accepted/declined. my parents and i sent in our application late october in 2006 and we still hvnt got a reply, and visa expires soon and im yr 11.

banco55

HSC
The government isn't exactly known for efficency. If your visa expires soon maybe you should see an immigration lawyer.

Lebstr

HSC
i have been permanent resisted here for 3 years. and around may visa expries (i think) how long did u wait for an interview after u sent in the application?

Lebstr

HSC
we have been permanent resisted here for 3 years. and around may visa expries (i think) how long did u wait for an interview after u sent in the application?

Optophobia

HSC
Ring the immigration department. Always take copies of documents before submitting them to government departments (or banks) because they are all lowsy and easily lose things.

Scanorama

HSC
We got a letter for the interview 1 month after we submitted the form, had the citizenship ceremony 1 month after the interview, so around 2 months.

If in doubt just call Immigration.

yosemite sam

HSC
I think it depends on where you come from and how long youve been here, due to the nature of our government. i became a citizen last year, after living here for 6 years and i think it took about 4 months for our application to go through. i think it also depends on when the next lot of ceremonies are, theyre usually about 3 months apart depending on where you live.

FuzzballD

HSC
If there are no concerns with your application then it takes a shorter amount of time than if something in your application warrants investigation. There are a lot of different factors that contribute to how long it takes, and in some situations it can take a while before they review your application. You just need a bit of patience.

However, if you do have concerns, give them a call. And once you do get an interview, make sure you're organised and have all your documentation in order. It makes it so much easier.

Good luck!

samerin

HSC
just dont worry... it takes about three months 100%.......sometimes it takes longer but i should not be longer then 3 months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)