CISRA Awards (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, so I logged into my cse email account and saw that i've been apparently short listed for some CISRA Award thing (seems like 13 people are in the running). I'm a little skeptical about it. Firstly they require an interview with CISRA representatives, and secondly they want my resume. Considering the awards are apparently meant to be for academic merit only, I get this feeling that there might be a catch to it? :/ Basically it says that 3 awards will be given to each year, but "the panel will be looking for the two most meritorious computing students in each year." I just dont want to sign up for something without realising :( Anyone know what this is about?

gman03

HSC
acmilan said:
Hey guys, so I logged into my cse email account and saw that i've been apparently short listed for some CISRA Award thing (seems like 13 people are in the running). I'm a little skeptical about it. Firstly they require an interview with CISRA representatives, and secondly they want my resume. Considering the awards are apparently meant to be for academic merit only, I get this feeling that there might be a catch to it? :/ Basically it says that 3 awards will be given to each year, but "the panel will be looking for the two most meritorious computing students in each year." I just dont want to sign up for something without realising :( Anyone know what this is about?
K so 6 "contestents" go for the 3 $$ prizes from each year group. Basically what they did last year was to ask to you to go into a meeting room and sit infront of a few people. Head of school was there, HR of CISRA was there, an Engineer of CISRA was there and a guy who always take down every movement you make and I shall refer it to be the "psychiatrist".

They will ask you questions about yourself and they judge you, from your extra-cirriculum and attitude and see if you are fit for CISRA in the future. Of course, wearing a suit at the interview will help you.

Appearently not many undergraduates have heard of CISRA and they hope by giving these awards out mroe talent people can work for them in the future.

Too bad I didn't get it last year :(, but that would stop me from applying a job from them in the future...

I encourage you to go for it. It will be shit easy money for you, milan-boi

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Ok, but does getting chosen mean you have to do some sort of working for them (either during uni or afterwards)?

gman03

HSC
acmilan said:
Ok, but does getting chosen mean you have to do some sort of working for them (either during uni or afterwards)?
Nope. It is a one-off prize

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I see. Thanks, guess its worth a shot to try make a good impression. If only maths offered something like this :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)