Circle Geometry general help and tips ! (1 Viewer)

YashC3

HSC
I got half yearly's coming up in about 2 weeks, and circle geometry is being tested. I absolutely suck at circle geometry. I know the proofs, but i can never get my head around harder questions?

Any advise or tips?

Cheers

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
aww i used to LOVE circle questions :D

well

1- practice makes perfect, do alot of questions. past hsc papers, past school papers, books (the purple book by jeff geha - step by step study guide or something is good if you're not good with the concepts of 3unit maths imo)

2- use 2 pro-numerals when labeling your angles. (a and b, x and y etc). using more than 2 will be too confusing imo.

3- and i think thats about it :)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
oh! and during the reading time, after going quickly through the paper and making mental notes to myself, i'd attempt to do the circle question in my head first. i'd also use my finger nails to mark down angles and stuff, so when the exam actually start, i'd just write down my solution.

johNNyboy772

HSC
for ext1 i find its just a matter of knowing all the theorems by heart (else how would you know what moves you can take next)

circ geo questoins are like a game - to see whether you can move an angle from the start ot the end (i.e. proving what you need to prove)

you get better with experience - not really a crammable subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)