Christmas Casuals (1 Viewer)

mqabz

HSC
hi guys, i'll be finishing my final year of school after my exams in november (im in Vic) and have been browsing the web for some jobs over the christmas/summer holidays particularly for casual christmas positions so i can have something to do. However im 17 currently and turning 18 in Feb, does this cut down my options? i know most jobs will be in the retail sector but i havent had any retail experience unfortunately. I have worked in my local pizza shop for about 4-5 months couple years ago but i dont think that will help my chances. if anyone can point out some employers that will probably hire a person in my situation that'd be great. btw, if there are options to gain employment other than in retail itd be good to know :) thanks

johony

HSC
department stores will take you. apply for target/kmart/big w/etc and they'll probably take you with some sort of customer experience.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Start applying now for Christmas casual positions in retail, then once thats over you'll have some experience and can expand your horizons beyond retail. I think having retail experience is always a plus on your resume.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Start applying now for Christmas casual positions in retail, then once thats over you'll have some experience and can expand your horizons beyond retail. I think having retail experience is always a plus on your resume.
Would it be too late on the weekends to apply for anything? I totally forgot about Aug/Sept :(..

HSC
Would it be too late on the weekends to apply for anything? I totally forgot about Aug/Sept :(..
Well you better start applying now, because you can hardly go back to August :)

No, but in all seriousness, start now. There will be jobs going, some companies don't even start until October.

arumisan

HSC
i'm sorry if i'm hijacking this thread, but i was wondering if i still have a chance of getting hired as a casual now, since i haven't even written up my resume yet

edit: or rather what are my chances?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)