Christmas Casual Hiring 2005 (1 Viewer)

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
daydreamkitty said:
I also need to get a job but i dont really know people or something like that :S
But it's funny because what i want for christmas is a job -_____________-.

I have been rejected from coles myer system twice so I really dont think i'm getting a job there! Heheheehheh i'm too evil for them Heheheh! .
The employment stages with Coles Myer are extremely simple and at a low standard.
If you can't pick up a position with them then good luck with your working life.

bonniejjj

HSC
I applied online at the start of August, then did the test a week later.
Then last week I saw my friend and she was putting her resume in everywhere, desperate to get a job... which panicked me a bit because I didn't even have a resume... so that night I spent a few good hours putting together a solid resume (although I have no work experience.) Then the next day Coles Myer called me!! (October 11th,) I had an impromptu phone interview, and he said that Kmart would contact me in the next week or so for a face-to-face formal interview with the manager. Yay! Glad I got that resume together (need it for the interview.) I guess I didn't have to go through any group interview because I don't live in the city... I live up in Lismore, Far North Coast. Anyway I am stoked, I know it doesnt mean I will definately get the job but its a step in the right direction. Also my referees were my two favourite teachers, both awesome people. Anyway, I'm happy for now :)

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
congrats..
I had to go through all the business of group interviews and stuff, had a final selection interview and i've got a job at Myer for this christmas.
The group interviews seemed totally pointless especially the final selection interview, i really don't see the point. Just check really good resume's, have one group interview and decide!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
anyone here apply for Australian post and got called up for the medical exam?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bonniejjj said:
I applied online at the start of August, then did the test a week later.
Then last week I saw my friend and she was putting her resume in everywhere, desperate to get a job... which panicked me a bit because I didn't even have a resume... so that night I spent a few good hours putting together a solid resume (although I have no work experience.) Then the next day Coles Myer called me!! (October 11th,) I had an impromptu phone interview, and he said that Kmart would contact me in the next week or so for a face-to-face formal interview with the manager. Yay! Glad I got that resume together (need it for the interview.) I guess I didn't have to go through any group interview because I don't live in the city... I live up in Lismore, Far North Coast. Anyway I am stoked, I know it doesnt mean I will definately get the job but its a step in the right direction. Also my referees were my two favourite teachers, both awesome people. Anyway, I'm happy for now :)
a word of warning. if the shop doesn't contact you, contact them yourself

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, nothing responded, i think im giving up on finding a retail or otherwise job and going straight for a free-lancing stuff again.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
bscienceboi said:
anyone here apply for Australian post and got called up for the medical exam?

yer i did i got my medical this friday at burwood 8 30 am

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Australia Post is like the most boring job ever :p, but they pay you well, especially if you're working after 5pm.

pete_mate

HSC
so i have to start applying in the middle of the hsc so i can get a job in december?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
IP_freely said:
yer i did i got my medical this friday at burwood 8 30 am
Mine is 10:30am Thursday at Wynyard
They'll do the chair lifting exercise :D

jasee said:
Australia Post is like the most boring job ever :p, but they pay you well, especially if you're working after 5pm.
Yeah pays well. I plan to work late hours and full time if possible.

schmackers

HSC
N/A
is it too late to apply for the australia post job? if not, how do you apply? thanks!

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
schmackers said:
is it too late to apply for the australia post job? if not, how do you apply? thanks!
I think it's a bit late now, they usually hold the recruitment stage in October and close applications early September.

Check the Australian Post site though an look under careers.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Employed... Got the call this morning from Australia Post

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Clyde Sydney International Gateway facility 6am to 2pm

u?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
IP_freely said:
Clyde Sydney International Gateway facility 6am to 2pm

u?
Strathfield Postal Center 5pm - 10pm (with possible 2hour overtime)

We only get like a 15 minute break :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
hehe well you can always stretch is a little. I used to have 20-25 minute breaks. At least you guys are working at the bigger mail centres. The hubs are so boring!

Have fun at the training day guys and let me know if they show you guys that 20 year old video on proper lifting techniques :p

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
jasee said:
Have fun at the training day guys and let me know if they show you guys that 20 year old video on proper lifting techniques :p
That use to be an interview test :D

I applied for HUBS last year not knowing the difference and I didnt get the job, mainly because the areas i chose didn't require extra staff. There are better oppurtunities at the mail centers.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
jasee said:
hehe well you can always stretch is a little. I used to have 20-25 minute breaks.
They are paying you and expect you to have the breaks you are entitled to, not an extra 10mins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)