Choosing which units to include (1 Viewer)

JordaneVG

HSC
N/A
If we bomb out in a subject during the HSC, could we include our assessment mark only or will both be included?:jaw:

martinc

HSC
err.. they take your best calculated 10 units worth.. and the school AND hsc mark both matter, if the subject is part of your best 10 units.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
No. If you do 11 units, and bomb out completely in Business Studies, only 1 unit of Business Studies will be included, which is the equivalent of (internal assessment + external HSC) / 2 and then halved again.

So from what I know both HSC mark and internal are inseparable. For example, you can't just count your internal mark - or your HSC mark. Both have to be combined, averaged, and the halved again (if they are to include 1 unit of a normally 2 unit subject).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
When they calculate your ATAR, they automatically take TOP 10 UNITS. Let me explain this concept.

You do your HSC and your HSC results are entered. These subjects' results are all scaled and etc. Then they split every subject into 1 unit amount e.g. Business Studies into 1 unit of biz + 1 unit of biz while Mathematics Extension 1 remains as 1 unit mathematics extension 1. Then they look at scaled mark of EACH unit and they take the TOP 10 units. This then gives your ATAR.

JordaneVG

HSC
N/A
No. If you do 11 units, and bomb out completely in Business Studies, only 1 unit of Business Studies will be included, which is the equivalent of (internal assessment + external HSC) / 2 and then halved again.

So from what I know both HSC mark and internal are inseparable. For example, you can't just count your internal mark - or your HSC mark. Both have to be combined, averaged, and the halved again (if they are to include 1 unit of a normally 2 unit subject).
Oh shit ....Epic fail for my ECO then:vcross:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)