Choosing HSC subjects (1 Viewer)

hope_williams

HSC
Hi, i know there are so many posts like this one, but I would really like some advice from all of you about my subject choices for next year. They are due in a week, so I really need to decide! I want to do Arts/Law at Sydney Uni so based on current demand I am aiming for an ATAR of 99.5+!
My choices for year 11 are-

English advanced
English extension 1
Mathematics
Maths extension 1 :mad1:
Latin Continuers
French Continuers
Modern History
Geography

Which gives me 14 units- because at my school if you do 2 extensions you must do 14 units!
Let me know what you think

jules.09

HSC
Hi, i know there are so many posts like this one, but I would really like some advice from all of you about my subject choices for next year. They are due in a week, so I really need to decide! I want to do Arts/Law at Sydney Uni so based on current demand I am aiming for an ATAR of 99.5+!

English advanced
English extension 1
Mathematics
Latin Continuers
French Continuers
Modern History
Geography

Which gives me 14 units- because at my school if you do 2 extensions you must do 14 units!
Well you can be idealistic all you want now, but ATAR 99.5+ is going to be lots of hard work in senior high school, seeing as that's really the only prerequisites.

I'm kind of surprised that in wanting to do law, you haven't elected any social sciences..

But Latin, Math Ext 2, Eng Ext 1, is a popular choice. If you work hard in these, it will pay off. :p

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Cool choices esp. languages. Considered taking legal studies seeing as you want to do law...?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Nice subjects, it looks like you have your work cut out for you - good luck :)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
nothing wrong with your subs. Are you planning on picking up anything for the yr 12 course? MX2, EX2 or the language extensions? If so try and limit your units to 12, 13 at the most otherwise it will be a VERY stressful year for you.

ptrgrgry

HSC
You should also consider legal studies and economics. Perhaps instead of geography.
You may want to do the extension history course for the HSC.

This is just my experince with subjects.

Last edited:

astroe

HSC
Yeah, it's all pretty good.

Make sure you delete Facebook and MSN.
Live each day like it's your last. D:
Have no social life.

You might find that 14 units quite.. uhhh.. overwhelming.
I'm sure your school will let you drop what you dislike the most at the start of Year 12.

I was on 13 but now I'm on 10 - couldn't stand it. Haha.

Official

Bring it on
HSC

English advanced
English extension 1
Mathematics
Latin Continuers
French Continuers
Modern History
Geography

Nice subject choices :). That's gonna require a lot of work!

clue444

HSC
A nice selection of subject choices, I can see you do not like science?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
since youre aiming for Arts/Law at USyd, i assume you have no interest in science? cos you really dont need it. focus on humanities. perhaps swap geo or one of the languages for legal studies. modern is a must for law aspirers

mcromancer

HSC
since youre aiming for Arts/Law at USyd, i assume you have no interest in science? cos you really dont need it. focus on humanities. perhaps swap geo or one of the languages for legal studies. modern is a must for law aspirers
Why's modern a must?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)