choosing a good camera (1 Viewer)

xtrant

HSC
hey guys,
what qualities shld i look for when im choosing a digital camera that takes extra quality pics ?

mitch179

HSC
Lots of megapixels is always good, but isnt always important.
I have an 8.1MegaPixel Camera, my mum has a 5, both are good.

High ISO can be good and a variety of shooting modes are also good.

08er

HSC
depends... what will you be using it for? casual pic taking or are you looking for a career in photography? lol

xtrant

HSC
08er: ummm semi-pro and semi-casual?
yeah digital slr s are sooo expensive and i cant afford them :D

Nostalgia

HSC
xtrant said:
08er: ummm semi-pro and semi-casual?
yeah digital slr s are sooo expensive and i cant afford them :D
Depends on your budget, those Nikon D40 only cost around $400-$500+ with a kit lens. If you cant afford it, any of those Canon Powershot are good cameras, they have Manual modes to give you more control of the camera.

HSC
if you're getting a digital compact camera and you want something better than the average point and shoot. Get a canon G10 or panasonic LX3. I especially like the latter. It's got an extremely fast lense F2.0 aperture. Don't be fooled by Megapixels. All you really need in your whole life is probably around 6mps max if you're not going to print it massive life like. More megapixels on the smaller sensor (used in point and shot) actually makes the images worst by cramming more megapixel on a small sensor. If you're going dslr then you can't go wrong with anything from nikon or canon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)