Choosing a course... (1 Viewer)

mattyg87

HSC
Hey im interested in a course for the hardware side of computers - im interested in actually building and servicing computer hardware...

What do you people think is the best course for me to choose??

Adam

HSC
Do whichever course you want. No course will teach you how to work with computer hardware as such, because by the time you finish your degree that info would be redundant.

I enjoy building and stuffing around with computers, and I'm doing Civil Engineering. If however you like software and programming, then look at comp. science/comp. engineering/software engineering.

Winston

HSC
Do Computer Engineering, it's geared towards hardware, but i'm telling you it's hardwork.

teehee

HSC
theres also bachelor of computer science or bachelor of I.T but im not really sure if they're hardware based

Winston

HSC
teehee said:
theres also bachelor of computer science or bachelor of I.T but im not really sure if they're hardware based
No they're not, i'm doing BCST, and BIT is identical to BCST, but BIT is 4 yrs, their honours yrs included.

Wyvern

HSC
Actually for practical things like that, Tafe is better.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
mechatronics! hahahaha its hardware AND software
so you get a bit of both..

engineering is hard work, i tell you that much now.

memo

building and servicing computer hardware sounds like something you get taught in tafe or as an apprentice. If you read here there are 2 possibilites either a IT degree with a major in digital design and systems or a degree in computer engineering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)