choosing a book (1 Viewer)

crammy90

HSC
recently these hols ive started reading and ive found i like reading books involving crime, drugs, jail, utopias.
i was just wondering if theres any books people who which mayb decribe some1 going through jail with corruption or seomthing interesting, or utopias (like the beach)
much would be appreciated
im looking to start a new book tomorrow

-tal-

HSC
Try Jeffrey Archer, easy to read and well... it's just "fun" to read. Would recommend The Eleventh Commandment. Or if you can find it, something by Edgar Allen Poe, he writes really good crime stories.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
crammy90 said:
recently these hols ive started reading and ive found i like reading books involving crime, drugs, jail, utopias.
i was just wondering if theres any books people who which mayb decribe some1 going through jail with corruption or seomthing interesting, or utopias (like the beach)
much would be appreciated
im looking to start a new book tomorrow
You seriously will have the time of your life reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley....

B.O.R.E.D.

HSC
tallkid34 said:
You seriously will have the time of your life reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley....
my brother read that book ... he enjoyed it n hes very very picky cause thats my brother :D :D hes sooo freaking smart is not funny :D so yeah ill agree that u should read that book lol

HSC
Breath by Tim Winton is probably nothing like what you want, but it might be. There isn't any jail nor much crime - it is about surfing, and pushing the body to the limit: ie. these kids get caught up in the atmosphere (which is very sinister) of the ocean and the feeling of 'riding the big one' to a dangerous (almost drugged) extent. One also becomes involved in a consuming sexual relationship which also involves forcing the body to the border between life and death.

An intoxicating read by all means!

Satiric

HSC
1984. one of the greatest books ever written.
fits what u asked for. :)

icecoffee

HSC
Had to read 1984 for powerplay. I didn't think i'd like it but it's much different from the usual books i read and i quite enjoyed it. The only part that dragged on for me was the extract of Goldstein's book.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
From what you said you liked in a book, the film No Country for Old Men directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, starring Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones follows that very description.

However, since I haven't read the book yet, I don't know how closely it follows the film, or rather vice-versa.

Anyway, I'd suggest it; No Country for Old Men written by Cormac McCarthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)