Chocolate thread (1 Viewer)

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Maybe it's because I don't like it and see no physical need for it 🤔

I do like tea though :)
I'm the polar opposite in that regard lol. Taste - impeccable. Smell - amazing. And the caffeine? What a bonus.
Honestly a lot of the pleasure I derive from a cup of coffee is actually the taste etc, rather than the caffeine (thus why I tend to drink decaf at times so it doesn't wreak too much havoc on my liver & concentration).

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
When you don't drink coffee...

What do people think of KitKat Chunky and Tim Tam? :D
I haven't tried kit kat chunky but I reckon it's not that great

but tim tam is totally amazing literally tastes like weight gain, I can't believe 1 serving size equals 1 tim tam is it even possible to not eat at least 2 or 3 at once

may22

HSC
I'm the polar opposite in that regard lol. Taste - impeccable. Smell - amazing. And the caffeine? What a bonus.
Honestly a lot of the pleasure I derive from a cup of coffee is actually the taste etc, rather than the caffeine (thus why I tend to drink decaf at times so it doesn't wreak too much havoc on my liver & concentration).
Lol I probably drink the weakest non-decaf coffees....mocha, latte.... a cappuccino if I'm game

@jimmysmith560 what teas are your go-to's?

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Lol I probably drink the weakest non-defac coffees....mocha, latte.... a cappuccino if I'm game
Max-strength espresso shot is the only go...
I like the taste of coffee, so throwing any cacao powder on top or whatnot is simply tainting the experience... No go zone for me. I stick to lattes / flat whites, and yes sometimes a espresso shot if it's a good quality bean.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Some tea's have caffeine so fair hahaha.
Although I still drink in relatively low quantities. Tea helps when I've stayed up past midnight and haven't gotten enough sleep the next day. I can't remember when I last had tea for example 😂

That's awesome! I can relate to this, but with maté tea (which I also rarely have haha).

1633848405614.png
I haven't tried kit kat chunky but I reckon it's not that great

but tim tam is totally amazing literally tastes like weight gain, I can't believe 1 serving size equals 1 tim tam is it even possible to not eat at least 2 or 3 at once
You should try it, I think you'd like it more than a regular KitKat.

Tim Tam is great, but like you said I do try to eat 1 or so per day...

Lol I probably drink the weakest non-decaf coffees....mocha, latte.... a cappuccino if I'm game

@jimmysmith560 what teas are your go-to's?
You're obviously a coffee professional haha. My dad drinks a variety of coffee and also both my parents drink Turkish coffee.

I'm not a tea expert but I mainly drink black tea and maté tea (although I don't perceive maté as a type of tea but whatever I guess haha).

may22

HSC
Max-strength espresso shot is the only go...
I like the taste of coffee, so throwing any cacao powder on top or whatnot is simply tainting the experience... No go zone for me. I stick to lattes / flat whites, and yes sometimes a espresso shot if it's a good quality bean.
Wow...I personally don't like that full-on coffee flavour. I find it quite bitter.
Also, I never thought I was a picky food/drink person, but this thread is exposing me...to myself 😂

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
I find it quite bitter.
Enlighten yourself to a high quality brew then... And yes, if the barista burns it even slightly it will taste bitter. Gotta get it juuuuust right.

Also, I never thought I was a picky food/drink person, but this thread is exposing me...to myself 😂
Also remember that coffee is an acquired taste, and a lot within our generation are yet to get hooked on it, so by disliking coffee you are not 'picky' whatsoever.

may22

HSC
You're obviously a coffee professional haha. My dad drinks a variety of coffee and also both my parents drink Turkish coffee.

I'm not a tea expert but I mainly drink black tea and maté tea (although I don't perceive maté as a type of tea but whatever I guess haha).
Oh nice. My parents have mixed tastes in coffee, but only my grandma (overseas) drinks that really strong Turkish style coffee.

^I liked black tea a lot at one point, but now I'm a big fan of Twinning's English breakfast. Green tea or chamomile occasionally as well.

may22

HSC
Also remember that coffee is an acquired taste, and a lot within our generation are yet to get hooked on it, so by disliking coffee you are not 'picky' whatsoever.
Yeah I guess that makes sense....
15 years from now, my BoS spirit will tell the tale of when I drank an espresso shot without gagging 😂

vishnay

God
HSC
yeah i slowly eased myself into coffee (super weak and a hefty amount of milk and sugar) but over the last year or so i've ended up drinking 4-5 cups a day (black)

i dont care what anyone says tho coffee is far too bitter to taste good by itself and to this day i am repulsed by its taste

it also ends up staining your teeth and thats not a good look

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
i dont care what anyone says tho coffee is far too bitter to taste good by itself and to this day i am repulsed by its taste
Once again, for a shot of espresso to be a pleasurable experience, you'll need a good barista equipped with some good quality beans.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Whaaaat? They discontinued that? It's been a while since I've had a taster but that's a hard blow... Sad times.
Yeah has been discontinued for ages after they started introducing/trying out new gross flavours like mint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)