Chiropractic Science* (1 Viewer)

nak

HSC
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone currently does Chiro, i want to know what you will do throughout the course and thw work load.

I'm really interested in Chiro and Physio, and i'm kind of wondering which one i should do.

Thanks,

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The default option automatically parses URL's so you just have to paste it in rather than stick it in between tags :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
nak said:
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone currently does Chiro, i want to know what you will do throughout the course and thw work load.

I'm really interested in Chiro and Physio, and i'm kind of wondering which one i should do.

Thanks,
Chiro is a 5 year degree. 2 Years compulsory masters if you want to practice.

nak

HSC
thanks for the info guys.
Just curious, are there any possible transfers from a different course or from TAFE to Chiro?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
nak said:
thanks for the info guys.
Just curious, are there any possible transfers from a different course or from TAFE to Chiro?
You could do a regular BScience degree with the same subjects as Chiros students do first year and then transfer. BUt of course there are grade rquirements.

bubble_tea

yeah.. actually I know many people who are doing Bsci and planning on transferring to chiro..

Even if you don't get the uai for it, do non-award for a year and get good marks..

Chiro is pretty fun actually.. Its not like other courses where u meet one person and not see them for the rest of ur life.. =] hehehe

Chiro's a strict degree with no flexibility in your choice of subjects.. So you're constantly going to the same lectures as all the other chiros in your year..

mm.. and its pretty much a science degree with some chiro in it until u get to masters where u go full on into chiro.

nak

HSC
Thanks bscienceboi and mz bubbletea for the information^^
Well, i am very interested in chiropractic, but i don't think i could get over 85 (ofcourse, i'll give it my best in my HSC) so i'm thinking of transfers to chiro if possible.

mz bubbletea, are your friends just doing the course called " Bachelor of Science" or some other courses in Science at Macqurie?

Thanks a bunch(^_^)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
A general BScience degree would be best as it allows you to do any science subject. However I found out recently that Macquarie University are removing their MedScience Anatomy subject which is equivalent to the Chiro Anatomy subject, so there may be some difficulty in completing that in your first year.

bubble_tea

yep.. theres quite a few people doing bachelor of science with intents of getting into chiro.. and i know of one person in the past who got into chiro from non-award.

one of my friends in my year got into chiro, and his uai was 81! tho he applied for eas..

the only bad thing about doing a science degree and transferring into chiro is that you're sorta set back a year.. you can choose to do all first year subjects that chiro's do, except for one of them, which is a full-year subject. =T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)