chinese studies (1 Viewer)

5c

HSC
does nebody know wat arts' chinese studies is like?

esther

HSC
yeah she is good
had her for a semester...
if ur doin the beginner chinese like i was... it requires lots of time...
well i think so anyway... u have clss everyday... and they move really quickly...
u need to keep yourself up to date with everything coz its realli easy fally behind...

korry

HSC
N/A
class everyday? so it's not like normal units we do where it's just lectures and tutes?

dza

Large Member
HSC
I've done 2nd yr Chinese, am doing 3rd yr Chinese and Business Chinese right now at Sydney, and the tutors are all pretty cool, no complaints. But if you've stepped it up at school or studied in China (I did for 12 months) the level is pretty basic... still worth it tho.

2nd yr Chinese is all tutes, and they're on everyday so no day off which sucked.
3rd yr is all tutes with one "lecture", which is really just a phat tute with all the students. Languages don't tend to have lectures cause it's all about getting everyone involved, answering questions & practicing speaking. I've done 1st & 2nd yr Korean too it's the same deal.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Be prepared to put the hard yards in though, in your first year at least. At ANU, at least 20 students (1/4 of the class) are Cantonese. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)