[Chinese, Korean United] World Wide Appeal!!! (1 Viewer)

evil99

HSC
Petition urging the United Nations to reject Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the U.N. Security Councill

We, the undersigned, strongly urge you to speak out and vote against any motion or procedure to grant Japan the status as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council . As the aggressor in World War II, Japan committed numerous atrocities in its neighboring countries, and destroyed and looted an astronomical amount of properties. Recent discoveries have revealed its systematic slaughtering of prisoners of war and tens of millions of innocent civilians, from newborn to elderly, during those years. Its government and parliament have never formally acknowledged its wrongdoing, offered official apologies to those who suffered immensely, or provided adequate reparation to compensate its victims, including the hundreds of thousands women forced into sexual slavery, nearly a million died in its biochemical experimentations and battlefield deployments in violation of the Geneva Convention, or the Allied prisoners of war butchered, brutalized and enslaved. Japan thus far shows no remorse of its past misdeeds, refuses to repent, and appears to be untrustworthy. The international community can not and must not designate such state to seat on the Security Council which is chartered to safeguard and maintain regional and world peace and justice.

We, the undersigned, oppose Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the U.N. Security Council until Japan formally apologizes for the war crimes it has committed during WWII and pays reparations to the victims. Japan must officially apologize to the survivors of some 200,000 girls and women it forced into sexual slavery (the so-called "comfort women"), the 500,000 Chinese civilians it victimized with germ warfare, the thousands that died during vivisections by the Japanese Imperial Army's Unit 731, the millions who were forced to work without pay for Japanese corporations, and to the thousands that suffered or died on the Bataan Death March and in other violations of the Geneva Convention.

So far we have collected over 500,000 signatures world wide.

To show Your support please Sign your name immediately at one of the websites below:

Chinese: http://sign.sjwar.org/
English/ Korean: http://historicaljustice.org/HJN/db/list.php
English: http://alpha-la.org/petition.asp

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
by the same, every sovereign nation that has ever invaded another sovereign nation should not be on the UN Security Council.

in which case, we should just ask Howard and Co. to apologise to the aborigines and their descendents for the two-hundred years of fuckup that we've dealt them.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Give Japan a permanent seat with veto powers? No thanks.

lawforever

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Wait... and we have CHINA on the UN Security Council?!?! Get over Japan's former attrocities.. they've learnt from their old ways.

they still haven't admitted the fact of genocide they brought to china korea and all other part of the asian country. And now jap getting more aggressive by building lighthouse onto the diaoyu island which originally is originally part of territory of china.
These affairs are extremely intolerable

imagine to grant such a government voting power in the UN ? ........

evil99

HSC
lawforever said:
they still haven't admitted the fact of genocide they brought to china korea and all other part of the asian country. And now jap getting more aggressive by building lighthouse onto the diaoyu island which originally is originally part of territory of china.
These affairs are extremely intolerable

good point!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
lawforever said:
And now jap getting more aggressive by building lighthouse onto the diaoyu island which originally is originally part of territory of china.
1) I think you mean the Senkaku Islands.

2) Assuming that the islands were originally part of China, so what? Under your logic Mongolia has a claim over most of the PRC.

3) After WW2 the US RETURNED CONTROL OF THE ISLANDS TO JAPAN.

4) China could have easily claimed the islands when she gained control of Taiwan. She didn't. China only claimed the islands a few years after neighbouring oil fields were discovered. Nice try kids.

Imagine giving a government that massacred thousands of civilians in the invasion of a neighbouring territory and mowed down peacefully protesting students a seat on the security council. Oh wait, they did. ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Senkaku iz what the Japz call it, Diaoyu iz what the Chinese call it, no big diff.
But Japz are seriouz dickheadz, I don't wanna hate on em but thatz just the way they are.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Senkaku iz what the Japz call it, Diaoyu iz what the Chinese call it, no big diff.
And I think that the people whom control the islands should get naming privelages ne? :p

But Japz are seriouz dickheadz, I don't wanna hate on em but thatz just the way they are.
Racism rules.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Wait... and we have CHINA on the UN Security Council?!?! Get over Japan's former attrocities.. they've learnt from their old ways.
your an idiot, untill they say sorry, they have learnt shit

supercharged

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
The US has no right to return the islands to anybody since the islands were never historically the property of the USA :chainsaw:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
supercharged said:
The US has no right to return the islands to anybody since the islands were never historically the property of the USA :chainsaw:
Nor were they historically the property of China. As has been pointed out before :

1) History means shit.

2) China never layed claim to them anyway until oil was discovered, nearly 30 years after Taiwan was returned to China (and the islands remained with Japan).

3) Assuming that history means anything at all, the Japanese would have a greater claim on the islands than the Chinese, since the Chinese never actually occupied the islands. The only claim the Chinese have, is that the islands are part of Taiwan and as such, part of China. After WW2 the islands were never formally acknowledged in any agreement when Taiwan was returned to China, so I really doubt that the Chinese claim is legitimate.

lawforever

HSC
neo_o said:
1)

Very impressive logic! ;)
perhaps just let u imagine that US "gives" the control of Tasmania to some little countries near australia?

neo_o said:
Imagine giving a government that massacred thousands of civilians in the invasion of a neighbouring territory and mowed down peacefully protesting students a seat on the security council. Oh wait, they did. ;)
If you were the politician during that period, you would make the same decision.

some ppl just saw the slaughter of communist party brought to civilians and totally ignored the consideration of what z gtta happen if the whole chinese government collapsed. you know what, if these ppl didn't die, more ppl would die, for starvation and war etc.
I m not saying that those people deserved to be killed. However, during that time they were just used as tool by a particular group of people to make such rebellion and to fight against government.

now u should know who are liable to the so-called slaughter ?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hate to contradict you jm, but they have apologised formally on two occasions in the past decade, if I recall correctly. The real issue here isn't whether they've apologised or not, but that they continue to behave as if that chapter of their history never happened. This is revisionism, and should not be so easily condoned as a matter of principle.

Quite often I hear Americans and Australians say that Chinese need to just 'get over it'. This is remarkably unfair. Thanks to Hiroshima, China received 0 reparations for the millions killed in WWII, while Japan, the aggressor, benefited from American aid. 2000 miles away the Germans are getting torn to shreds for Nazi war crimes, and the Chinese don't even get a measly apology for FIFTY years. Now 60 years after the war, after leaving such a huge thorn in the Chinese's side, it isn't Japan's responsibility to pull out that thorn so that Chinese may heal, but China's turn again to pander to selfish Japanese pride and forgiven and forget. Believe me, it's not that easy. If Japan had butchered Australians by the millions and continually glossed over such atrocities, Australians would not forgive so easily either.

Furthermore, I think it would be in everyone's best interests to forsake this denial. The damage to both economies is only the tip of the iceberg. In the future if this issue remains unresolved, tension is only going to accumulate, and I don't think anyone wants to see a military feud of any sort between Asia's 2 most powerful countries.

This case is interesting for Australians though. The issue of Japan's continual denial of history is not unlike the story of Australia's own "stolen generation".

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
lawforever said:
Very impressive logic! ;)
perhaps just let u imagine that US "gives" the control of Tasmania to some little countries near australia?
This rubbish has already been rebutted. S

neo_o said:
The only claim the Chinese have, is that the islands are part of Taiwan and as such, part of China. After WW2 the islands were never formally acknowledged in any agreement when Taiwan was returned to China, so I really doubt that the Chinese claim is legitimate.
I'll keep this simple for you though, since judging by your previous post you don't have the time to actually read my posts.

1) TAIWAN WAS RETURNED TO CHINA, BUT THE ISLANDS WEREN'T MENTIONED IN ANY TREATY.

2) AFTER THE US OCCUPATION, THE ISLANDS WERE RETURNED (UNOPPOSED TO JAPAN).

3) 30 YEARS LATER CHINA CLAIMED THAT THE ISLANDS WERE PART OF CHINA, UNDER THE TREATY WHICH RETURNED TAIWAN. THE OBVIOUS PROBLEM HOWEVER IS THAT THE ISLANDS WERE NEVER MENTIONED IN THE TREATY!

If you were the politician during that period, you would make the same decision.

some ppl just saw the slaughter of communist party brought to civilians and totally ignored the consideration of what z gtta happen if the whole chinese government collapsed. you know what, if these ppl didn't die, more ppl would die, for starvation and war etc.
I m not saying that those people deserved to be killed. However, during that time they were just used as tool by a particular group of people to make such rebellion and to fight against government.

now u should know who are liable to the so-called slaughter ?
That's the difference between the Chinese and the West, we don't view whole sale slaughter as a means to social stability. Though, it is pretty cute that you're actually trying to justify it, nice try.

Last edited:

lawforever

HSC
Neo o

1. History means shit. But history can't be denied. At least history has made you and computer, whereby we can see such comments

2. China has made its claim over the island in the last century. (plz check it before making your statement) It was just becuz you didn't know that.

3. the island has been part of the territory of china since Ming dynasty.... (as above in the bracket) (btw, I assume you know what Ming dynasty is)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
lawforever said:
History means shit. But history can't be denied. At least history has made you and computer, whereby we can see such comments
This isn't a logical argument, perhaps you should try and demonstrate China's historical control over the islands instead of spouting off rubbish?

2. China has made its claim over the island in the last century. (plz check it before making your statement) It was just becuz you didn't know that.
Last time I checked, 30 years after WW2 (1970) was in the last century.

the island has been part of the territory of china since Ming dynasty.... (as above in the bracket) (btw, I assume you know what Ming dynasty is)
1) The islands were never inhabited, the Chinese don't deny this.

2) Japan claimed them under terra nullius in 1895, since there were no signs of occupation.

3) The entire Chinese argument for claim over the islands is that they 'claim' that the islands were ceded to Japan with Taiwan in 1895, though there was no mention of them, and that they should have been returned along with Taiwan to China under later treaties, though again there was no mention of them.

CHINA IS LAYING CLAIM TO LAND IT NEVER OCCUPIED, AND IS CLAIMING SAID LAND UNDER TREATIES THAT NEVER MENTION THE LAND. WOW.

Japan has a history of controlling the islands since 1895. Assuming though that it was somehow significant that China controlled the islands in the Ming dynasty (a stupid claim which I do not conceed) I challenge you to provide proof that they were occupied.

OH AND TO QUOTE MYSELF AGAIN

neo_o said:
2) Assuming that the islands were originally part of China, so what? Under your logic Mongolia has a claim over most of the PRC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)