Chinese Continuers HSC Tutoring (1 Viewer)

misdei

HSC
Chinese Continuers

anybody know anywhere good to help with essay writing, etc?

Last edited:

misdei

HSC
... said:
read a lot of chinese newspaper
thats the cheapest and probably a very effective way
cough. if only i could actualyl read the newspaper

^___^
HSC
well if thats the case

then u can go to colleges and study chinese, there should be some around local shopping centres cos i know around my area, theres Macquarie College and they offer all level of chinese

or u can study it in uni as an unit
or u can listen to chinese music and sing along with the lyric in front of u

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
If you can't read newspapers, start out with magazines :)

if you have parents that can read and write chinese...just learn yourself and ask them whatever you don't understand..
the problem is staying motivated long enough!! otherwise....if you quit halfway the only things you'll be able to read are resteraunt menus and what train station it is :D

classes outside help you keep motivated, but i reckon they teach tooooo slowly

misdei

HSC
oh okay thanks

haha yeah, the only place i'm learning chinese now atm is random song lyrics etc. i dont get enough of it anywhere else. i can ask my parents, but the most they can offer me is how to write words, or better ways of phrasing sentences etc. they're not teachers and can't guide me on essay writing techniques or better ways to set out things in language etc. so i would prefer more professional guidance.

i was thinking a private tutor or something? i dont think classes is very good for chinese... cause they tend to not stick to syllabus etc, and is more focused on personal chinese work and the chinese system. good, but not for hsc.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
go to saturday school if ur school doesn't offer chinese continuers as a subject... cuz u can get alot of practice... apparently =)

a lot of my fwnds did chinese continuers, and they liked it =) which is cool ^.^
on a side note, chinese continuers/extension got scaled sooooooo well!!! >< way better than bs =S

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Misdei: sorry, didnt read your first post properly.
What kind of writing level are you trying to achieve? just the continuers level? if that's what you're trying for...i think you can easily get a band 6 especially since you can already speak mandarin..seriously, have you read the sentences some of those cantonese ABC write? *shivers* i've known a few of them who can barely put together a normal sounding sentence get band 6's...
just putting what you usually speak into words is probably enough...you gotta remember you're doing NON-BACKGROUND chinese..
plus, there's always gonna be that prick who's totally fluent with perfect written chinese who should be in background speakers:D that you can't match...
better to just use words you learn in class and structure them how your teacher showed..it'll still be band 6 material..

hehe...i did cont/ext in my year...at strathfield saturday school!!..now i can proudly say i've studied at both north sydney boys and strathfield girls before...:D

Last edited:

misdei

HSC
jay2000 said:
hehe...i did cont/ext in my year...at strathfield saturday school!!..now i can proudly say i've studied at both north sydney boys and strathfield girls before...:D
wah? girls school and guys school? lol how did that happen?

haha thanks. but i'm full it's slightly crap when people in your class have had fully chinse school experience and i'm like reading some....guessing some....relying on pinyin lol.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
yup..yup i went to nsbhs..whats wrong with that?
well..i didnt graduate from there though

misdei said:
wah? girls school and guys school? lol how did that happen?

haha thanks. but i'm full it's slightly crap when people in your class have had fully chinse school experience and i'm like reading some....guessing some....relying on pinyin lol.
ah..cos i did chinese continuers on saturdays at strathfield girls :)

its not that bad...most of the ppl i did it with couldnt read too..just could speak fluent mandarin...so you're not at a disadvantage :p

smallcattle

HSC
jay2000 said:
whats that stand for???
I believe it stands for "the Journal of the Royal Australian Historical Society" :p :p

or it could mean James Ruse Agricultural High School which i doubt thats what he was meant to say

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
smallcattle said:
I believe it stands for "the Journal of the Royal Australian Historical Society" :p :p

or it could mean James Ruse Agricultural High School which i doubt thats what he was meant to say
ahahah!!! precisely.. =p jr ahs... =p nice nice...
i meant james ruse...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
OMG JAY2000 WTF

you went to nsb? you never told me... you might know some of my friends.... but you didn't grad from there? so where did you grad from?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
lol come down pplz..!
i graduated from St Ives High...haha...i doubt anyone has heard of it...
and sif i wana go to james ruse..so far away
more distance = more travel time = less sleep = unacceptable!

@bubz: i never told you cos you never asked :p

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
jay2000 said:
lol come down pplz..!
i graduated from St Ives High...haha...i doubt anyone has heard of it...
and sif i wana go to james ruse..so far away
more distance = more travel time = less sleep = unacceptable!

@bubz: i never told you cos you never asked :p
not an excuse jay2000!!!! >=)

Snowe

Just wandering around
HSC
N/A
You guys write essays after Chinese Beginner for hsc? Man i just finished Chinese 102 i hope we don't have to write essays yet -_-;

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
which uni snowe??? =) btw, is that cloud in ur avatar???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)