China Growth Strategies Help (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Hello, would someone please be able to give me a few strategies used to promote economic growth in China?

Thank you :)

spatula232

HSC
Reform to SOEs
Tariff Reductions
Open Door Policy
Household Responsibility System

There's a couple of ideas off the top of my head. Check out the textbooks, like the 2015 Riley Textbook if you have it. Feel free to PM me and I will look through my stuff later on for you. My guess is that the Case Study will likely be an essay question for the 2016 HSC exam (as it seems to go in cycles every 2 years) so it is a very good idea to get a strong grasp of this topic early on. Best of luck

spatula232

HSC
Special Economic zones
That comes under the Open Door Policy -- This is from my notes:
‘Open door policy’ (1980): The creation of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) (of the southern and eastern coastal provinces of China) encouraged foreign investment of TNCs through incentives like low tax rates, exemption from import duties, cheap labour and land, and less stringent government regulation. Led to increases in exports, investment and hence industrialisation. Trade rose from 10% of GDP in 1978 to 36% by 1996. Increased industrialisation. Inequality… HDI Shanghai (supported via SEZs) is at 0.814 as of 2011 compared to that of the western province of Tibet where the HDI is at 0.569. Dualistic economy. Social unrest. Inequality.

HSC
N/A
Reform to SOEs
Tariff Reductions
Open Door Policy
Household Responsibility System

There's a couple of ideas off the top of my head. Check out the textbooks, like the 2015 Riley Textbook if you have it. Feel free to PM me and I will look through my stuff later on for you. My guess is that the Case Study will likely be an essay question for the 2016 HSC exam (as it seems to go in cycles every 2 years) so it is a very good idea to get a strong grasp of this topic early on. Best of luck
Pls PM me I cannot PM you for some reason

just_a_lamb

HSC
Hello, would someone please be able to give me a few strategies used to promote economic growth in China?

Thank you :)
Using one child policy?? As China controls the population growth, China will eventually getting a higher HDI. HDI is measured by the three factors, literacy rate, life expectancy and GDP per capita.

P.S Correct me if i get wrong..

spatula232

HSC
Using one child policy?? As China controls the population growth, China will eventually getting a higher HDI. HDI is measured by the three factors, literacy rate, life expectancy and GDP per capita.

P.S Correct me if i get wrong..
They've just gotten rid of this I'm pretty sure. It isn't a bad idea, however there are more obvious and clearer examples to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)