china- female baby rejects. (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I didn't assume you're all stupid, just that you don't have enough understanding of cultural context to comment on the situation.
Being in a cultural context where censorship is rife doesn't really do much for understanding either hun. :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
I didn't assume you're all stupid, just that you don't have enough understanding of cultural context to comment on the situation.
Taking this to the extreme, I doubt that anyone would be able to comment on anything bar their own circumstances given that the social context of one is likely to be different to that of another. Please, just stop being an idiot and try to accept/tolerate the criticism that has a sound 'factual' basis. By and large, those who are criticising China are well aware of what they are saying and of the cultural barriers that exist, but those cultural barriers shouldn't be used to limit reasonable debate just because you may not like what is being said/one is viewing the issue from another point of view.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Generator said:
Taking this to the extreme, I doubt that anyone would be able to comment on anything bar their own circumstances given that the social context of one is likely to be different to that of another. Please, just stop being an idiot and try to accept/tolerate the criticism that has a sound 'factual' basis. By and large, those who are criticising China are well aware of what they are saying and of the cultural barriers that exist, but those cultural barriers shouldn't be used to limit reasonable debate just because you may not like what is being said/one is viewing the issue from another point of view.
ha. by well aware you mean that they're addressing the issue from a solely western viewpoint. that's the consensus of 'well aware' and 'all accounts' in this thread. I can't and won't try to change what others think but given that I'm the one that has been called a 'titarse' (lovely insult, I'm going to use that from now on) and that 'my country is fucked'.....
where and how exactly have I limited reasonable debate? nowhere have I marched in and gone ra ra ra I'm right you're wrong because I am the greaterest and you suck, precisely where have I implied anyone's stupidity?
all I have done is refute notions I think are incorrect.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
Cherryblossom, the same could be said over many issues in this forum. Guantanamo Bay prisoners, stolen generation etc yet these see no issues raised.

We have a different understanding of what people deserve. If we do not raise our objections to China's treatment we may as well never raise an objection again to any political prisoners anywhere in the world. We should not comment on the atrocities of Hitler, but should respect that there are cultural differences between us and the Germany of past.

The western viewpoint is no more wrong then any other.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
But isnt Germany part of the western world? :rolleyes: Anyway India is fucked, especially for people belonging to the bottom of the barrel, "untouchable" caste :uhhuh:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
supercharged said:
But isnt Germany part of the western world? :rolleyes: Anyway India is fucked, especially for people belonging to the bottom of the barrel, "untouchable" caste :uhhuh:
Germany was temporarily exiled from the Western world by the Treaty of Versailles imo.

Generator

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
ha. by well aware you mean that they're addressing the issue from a solely western viewpoint. that's the consensus of 'well aware' and 'all accounts' in this thread. I can't and won't try to change what others think but given that I'm the one that has been called a 'titarse' (lovely insult, I'm going to use that from now on) and that 'my country is fucked'.....
where and how exactly have I limited reasonable debate? nowhere have I marched in and gone ra ra ra I'm right you're wrong because I am the greaterest and you suck, precisely where have I implied anyone's stupidity?
all I have done is refute notions I think are incorrect.
Thanks for the selective quoting. I said 'well aware of what they saying', and by that it should have been quite clear that I meant that those making a reasonable contribution are well aware that their position is somewhat biased. However, it is as though you cannot see that you are just as biased in your supposed defence of what you seemingly portray as the world's most misunderstood nation-state (or nation, in this case). Basically, get off your high-horse and join the rest of us on the field of play.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
True but we don't have the social context.

Same deal with Rwanda Genocide, we don't have the social context but it does not mean we shouldn't criticise it.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
China was most prosperous when it was divided up into Spheres of Influence. The Chinese are just a simple race who adhere to any authority, foreign or otherwise, and the best authority for China being is that of several European empires.

I'll never forget the old film-reel footage of French soldiers pulling some tiny infant Chinese girl from the mud when Shanghai was going to the shit thanks to the Communists. No doubt Chinese soldiers would have left the poor girl in the mud, possibly laughing at the same time.

evil99

HSC
Generator said:
Thanks for the selective quoting. I said 'well aware of what they saying', and by that it should have been quite clear that I meant that those making a reasonable contribution are well aware that their position is somewhat biased. However, it is as though you cannot see that you are just as biased in your supposed defence of what you seemingly portray as the world's most misunderstood nation-state (or nation, in this case). Basically, get off your high-horse and join the rest of us on the field of play.
most female rejects happnes at remote area of china

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
cerebrum said:
Some people find it difficult to destroy a living being..... However most chinese prefer males as they carry the family name throughout the generations.

Whats the point in having a name to carry on if you have no women with whom to have children with and make it possible to keep the family name?

I'm not going top argue the 1 child policy, however killing daughters in the hope of gaving birth to a boy is disgusting and shameful. It's more than sexist, saying males deserve life and females are worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)