China case study! HELP!! (1 Viewer)

Rebecca1234

HSC
Heyy!! I have an assignment due tomorrow on economics china case study ...
can someone please help me

Question is : - Analyse the impact of globalisation on a developing economy (i chose china) ... and strategies being used to promote economic devleopment in that economy!!

i need major help i dont understand pleeeaaseee!!!

Email is Cheeky_Bub4life@msn.com

email me or add me to msn lol PLEASE!! DESPERATE!!!!

Affinity

HSC
well assignment due tomorrow.. and you are thinking about it now..

You can write something along the lines of how it's economy is reliant on exports,
so bs about how it fits into the world economy as the manufacturer. I think the key here is the separate things that would have happened even if there wasn't globalization from the effects of globalization.

There are also political aspects, china has become more liberal for example, but perhaps not quite enough. I guess it's not directly relevant in a economics class context

as with strategies, you can look at how they pegged the RMB to the dollar, the "joint ventures" with foreign firms, it's policy with regards to migrant(internal migrants from the countryside to the cities) labour. How they are perhaps supporting governments of say sudan and befriending kazakhstan to secure oil (just like why the americans wanted iraq). Recently they are also focusing on redistributing wealth by supporting the countryside, mostly perhaps to quell instability. Infrastructure is quite good in china, but hmm it's probably just a lucky coincidence.

ofcourse there's the official policy of macro-control or 宏觀調控 as commonly refered to in chinese

You can also speculate on the effects on it's financial system recently by inviting foreign banks to take a stake in the state banks/to open their own branches.

But hmm on the other hand, most of the strategies was and will be more politics than economics.

China's quite difficult to write about.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)