Children of Men (Clive Owen) (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I saw this on Thursday when it came out.

I really liked it. Looks like a text that hsc people will grab as some physical journey text. Its post apocolyptic and has many really effective suspense scenes.

Women are infertile, the world sucks etc, its such an imaginative world... a friend told me incorrect details about this movie (that women choose to not be pregnant) so I thought this movie would have a hard time suspending disbelief.

But it was awesome. For the guys: BIG EXPLOSIONS. War scenes, intense ones too.

The hopelessness in both civilisation and in the refuge camp was incredible, I really felt it.

<3 the bit where he's trying to get the car jump started and the guys after him are RIGHT THERE. I also love almost everything that happened in the refuge camp. Also I didn't expect Julianne Moore's character to die at all, let alone that early! I swore she was going to be a main character!

Clive Owen was awesome. I don't normally like his acting (with a few exceptions in particular movies)

Trailer here http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/childrenofmen/

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
probably one of the incredible movies i've ever seen. i loved that the story was only shown through clive owens eyes
ending when he died
visually, this film just left me in awe. the sequence where the car is attacked was mindblowing in its complex simplicity (if that makes any sense). definitely not for everyone, but i loved it

lengy

HSC
Saw the previews of it and it looks like something I'll definately watch. Need to find time though.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
same lengy. i saw the trailer ages ago, and so badly wanted to see it since.

HSC
This movie was excellent. I went in with no expectations and came out very happy to have spent my $11.

The scene where a flaming car rolls out in front of them and all those people came out was shocking...and I loved the way everyone fell silent to watch Key and her baby pass...and that actress was brilliant, btw, she did a great job.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i used some fre tickets on this movie, but would have VERY happily paid to see it. it was so good.

i loved the part just after she gave birth, and they walked out of the building-

Oh. lol. it was explained above.

it was sooo heartbreaking when they shot Jasper.

Last edited by a moderator:

lengy

HSC
'pull my finger' :p

This movie was effing brilliant. It was so intense. I loved it. I came out of the theatre shell shocked. It was THAT good.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ohh thanks Stef for spoilering up my post. i dont really know how to do that.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
loved it. great sequences - extended scenes - the ambush on the car, the ending sequence in the building.
very powerful.
if i was doing my HSC, i'd pick this as a supportive.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
Awesome movie. I was dying to see it then went to see The Departed and saw the trailer for it - with SIGUR ROS as the background music; that sold it to me!! I went and saw it half an hour after the end of The Departed! Heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)