child beaten to death because he failed to rote learn the koran (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ath-set-body-struggled-learn-Koran-heart.html

Mother 'beat son, 7, to death then set fire to his body' because he struggled to learn the Koran off by heart
Sara Ege, 32, is accused of beating her son Yaseen to death because he was struggling with his Islamic studies, then setting fire to his body
The boy's death was treated as an accident until a post-mortem examination revealed Yaseen died before the blaze broke out at the family home in Cardiff
Cardiff Crown Court was told Ege beat Yaseen with a stick and a hammer and locked him in a shed when he failed to recite Koran passages
The 32-year-old denies murdering her son and burning his body to destroy the evidence

By KERRY MCDERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 18:07 GMT, 1 November 2012 | UPDATED: 15:27 GMT, 2 November 2012

A mother brutally beat her seven-year-old son to death with a stick then set his body on fire because he was struggling to commit passages from the Koran to memory, a court was told.
Sara Ege, 32, is alleged to have beaten Yaseen Ali 'like a dog' for failing to recite passages from the religious text, before burning his body at the family home in Cardiff to try and cover up what she had done.
The youngster's death was initially believed to be a tragic accident following the blaze at the house in Pontcanna, until a post-mortem examination revealed Yaseen had died before the fire broke out, Cardiff Crown Court heard.

Beaten: Yaseen Ali, seven, was beaten by his mother for falling behind with his Islamic studies, a court heard

Accused: An artist's sketch of Sara Ege, who is accused of beating her son to death and setting fire to his body, on trial at Cardiff Crown Court
Ege is also accused of abusing her son in the months leading up to his death, allegedly beating him with a hammer and locking him in a shed for falling behind with his Islamic studies.
The trial at Cardiff Crown Court heard how the university graduate and her husband Yousuf Ege had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque and hoped he would become Hafiz - an Islamic term for someone who has memorised the Koran.

More...
Boy 'who shot dead his neo-Nazi father' thought he wouldn't get in trouble because he'd 'seen it in an episode of Criminal Minds'
'All I wanted to do was to get her to stop': Mother admits suffocating her two-year-old daughter because toddler kept crying
In a video recording of her interview with police Ege told officers she had set her seven-year-old the target of memorising 35 pages in three months.
But the court was told fun-loving Yaseen preferred to play with his friends and fell behind with his learning.

Funeral: Cardiff Crown Court has heard Ege grew increasingly frustrated with her seven-year-old son for failing to learn passages from the Koran

Tragedy: Ege allegedly hit her child with a hammer, a rolling pin and a slipper as well as punching him repeatedly
'I was getting more and more frustrated,' Ege said in the interview.
'If he didn’t read it properly I would be very angry - I would hit him.
'But Yaseen wasn’t very good - after a year of practice he had only learned a chapter.”
She went on: 'I was getting all this bad stuff in my head, like I couldn’t concentrate, I was getting angry too much, I would shout at Yaseen all the time.
'I was getting very wild - I use to beat him with a stick.'
The court was told how Ege hit Yaseen with a hammer, a rolling pin and a slipper as well as repeatedly punching him.
She would also allegedly lock him in the shed, tie him to a door, and force him to do push ups.
The court heard that in the months after Yaseen's death Ege told a doctor she had been told to kill her son by Shaitan - an Islamic name for the devil - and that she felt 100 per cent better after he died.
Notes kept by her GP record her as saying: 'It is like something has been released. For three or four months I have not been normal.'

Scene: Police and firefighters rushed to the family home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, after the blaze broke out in July 2010
Police and firefighters were called to the family’s home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, in July 2010 after a blaze ripped through the top floor.
Little Yaseen was pulled from the blaze and fire fighter Rhodri Morgan told the court how he’d given him CPR believing he could save his life.
He said: 'I was performing compressions on his chest, but I kept having to take my hand away because his skin was so hot.
'While I was doing this bits of skin and fat were flaking off his legs - it was like when a piece of newspaper burns and curls.'
Barbecue lighter fuel was found on her Ege’s clothing when she was arrested after a post mortem examination revealed Yaseen was dead before the fire broke out.
She denies murdering Yaseen and burning his body to hide what she had done.
Her husband denies causing or allowing the death of a child by not stopping his wife’s beatings.
Yaseen's father, who would drive the seven-year-old to mosque for his Koran practice before and after school, has said he never saw his wife raise a hand against their child.
The trial continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...truggled-learn-Koran-heart.html#ixzz2BGXLLkQ3
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
I don't know what a remotely adequate response to this is. It's horrific and unfortunately a representation of the many flaws that define our world today; ignorance, violence, indoctrination.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I don't know what a remotely adequate response to this is. It's horrific and unfortunately a representation of the many flaws that define our world today; ignorance, violence, indoctrination.
fuck off

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
What, why? Do you really think that these sort of sickening events are limited to a certain part of the world? They are obviously pronounced in even 'developed nations' like the UK as made evident by the article and that is just scratching the surface of what is happening elsewhere. Denying it won't help us solve it.

You know what, I don't care. I will eff off.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
As per usual, the minor 0.05% of community makes it to the media, while the rest of the 90.95% people in the community dont make it to news.

MUSE13

HSC
Uni Grad
:new burn: what about "honour killings" where the father will kill his children if there ever dated an non-muslim?
or the issue of infant circumcision, a procedure which violates the infants right to determine what happens to their own body. kills 120 baby in american alone, and causes a wide spectrum of physiological as well as pschological damages to the child. and is legal in the western world even though it serves no medical purpose and is done purely for social and religious reasons? ... man our sociality is fucked

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
Little Yaseen was pulled from the blaze and fire fighter Rhodri Morgan told the court how he’d given him CPR believing he could save his life.
He said: 'I was performing compressions on his chest, but I kept having to take my hand away because his skin was so hot.
'While I was doing this bits of skin and fat were flaking off his legs - it was like when a piece of newspaper burns and curls.'
thats fucked

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Israel doesn't burn children

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
:new burn: what about "honour killings" where the father will kill his children if there ever dated an non-muslim?
or the issue of infant circumcision, a procedure which violates the infants right to determine what happens to their own body. kills 120 baby in american alone, and causes a wide spectrum of physiological as well as pschological damages to the child. and is legal in the western world even though it serves no medical purpose and is done purely for social and religious reasons? ... man our sociality is fucked
Please educate yourself before spewing this.
New borns there is 0 benefit, but later on medical treatment might be needed.

halapenyo

HSC
scary to think this is the fastest growing religion in the world.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Please educate yourself before spewing this.
New borns there is 0 benefit, but later on medical treatment might be needed.
Lol, so because it might be a problem later on in life may as well just remove it as a baby?

Dash8

HSC
The world would be a much nicer place if religion disappeared....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)