chemistry (1 Viewer)

cko

HSC
last year i got 82 for my HSC mark in chemistry. N coz i did it as an accelerant i have tha choice to repeat chem or not. With 82 at Girra HS I don't know if i should repeat it and try to get a better mark or leave it and concentrate more of my time on my other subjects.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It depends...What UAI are you aiming for?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
you will definately do better next year. I was an accelerant in 3 subjects and I found that in (real) year 12 your alot easier motivate.

However, it is generally not a good idea to repeat year 12, since you might tend to bludge and only do a couple of marks better (which isn't worth it).

form JUAIseek2003, 82 is around top 20%, which isn't that good for an accelerant. you should be aiming for around a mark of 90.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
as the others said, you will probably get a better mark next time around
however, i would be more inclined to drop it and concentrate on your other subjects, but thats just me...

cko

HSC
well i wanted a UAI of bout 96....
but yeh... was kinda lazy last year... hehehe... i don't work particularly goot under no pressure n tha constant reassurance of being able to repeat nex year really screwed me up but.. coz my friend ben got 83 in chem last year too n his UAI was 99.15

cko

HSC
ANOTHER THING i heard that for pharmacy this year it was REAAAALLLLY competitive n even tho tha cut off was bout 94 tha lowest UAI they accepeted at Usyd was 96 or 97. Is that true????

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
coz my friend ben got 83 in chem last year too n his UAI was 99.15
maybe chem didnt count?

Pharmacy is competitive at USYD. i dont know about CSU though, but for sydney, my friend got high 96 and he had to do full fee because he just missed out. though my other friend got a low 97 and she got into HECS..

santaslayer

HSC
if i were u i would redo chem.....ur an accelerant.....should aim for 90+!!!!!!......good lucjk whateva u decide on!

is a roflcopter
HSC
whats with accelerants these days :(
theres so many of them
my school never let anyone do it

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
whats with accelerants these days :(
theres so many of them
my school never let anyone do it
you went to sydney boys yeah newbie?
i called up sydney girls for a transfer and they said the reason why they dont accelerate kids is that they beleive its at a one year disadvatage because that subject you accelerate in could run in parrallel with another of your other subject and that within a whole year, a student is able to learn much more.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
If you're aiming for a UAI of 96 and chem only places you in the top 20%, you'd be best off doing it again unless you're sure you can place within the top 6% of all your other subjects in 10 units or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)