• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Chemistry vs Physics - difficulty? (1 Viewer)

*Pooja*

chem is slightly harder though i am doing better at that. thing is with physics - as sum1 already said here (dammit, i dont remember the name!) - is that once u got the concepts its just about looking at the question and applying teh concept and the answer is not far from the theory you ahve in your head. and when you study you look at soem diagrams or sumthing and it refreshens your mind with the theory - at least it works for me anyway.

with chem, u have to experience the horror of remembering stupid chem equation of all these different things to gain full marks (according to all the teachers at my school).

so yeah.....

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
Abdooooooooooooooooooooo (Fan) ur right
to u Physics is much harder it has been shown by ur half yearly marks
hahahahaha
lets see how u do in the trials
:uhhuh: ;)

oh yeh and what happened to ur Abdoooooooooooooooooooo Account

Last edited:

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
withoutaface said:
Chem has a whole topic worth of geography in it. I mean wtf, catchment management?
LOL I love geog (well so far for year 11) catchment management wouldn't be a problem for me :D
Btw... gees you oakillian... Oakill is non-selective yet it's hard as...!!! Oh go compare with us Bennies... -__-!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jam3s said:
Abdooooooooooooooooooooo (Fan) ur right
to u Physics is much harder it has been shown by ur half yearly marks
hahahahaha
lets see how u do in the trials
:uhhuh: ;)

oh yeh and what happened to ur Abdoooooooooooooooooooo Account
It posted threads justifying Hitler is what it did.

Enigmatic Eve

HSC
For me, I enjoy chemistry more than physics. Ironically though, I scored higher in physics half yearly than chemistry. Lol... I believe that you need to know whats going on in year 11 chemistry, so you can further understand it in year 12, such as chemical equations etc... however, its not the same for physics. Ive been told you've got to understand the phenomenon behind physics. And for both chemistry and physics, there are less calculations and more explaining (theory) - whether it may be an advantage for you, I don't know. Good luck with everything and take care!!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
*evil laugh* but theyve both got such good points! consider: chem lets u play with acid....i luuuuuuuuuuv acid...and fire of course. so, obviously, if ur a pyromaniac then chem is da way 2 go!
on the other hand...physics. ah physics. i have fond memories of pendulums - when u play with a pendulum just make sure its got a VERY long string and then swing it from at least da 2nd storey of the busiest school building. is fun...unless of course ur da ppl tryn 2 walk underneath!
so, obviously both have good points...why not double da fun and do both? or do da REALLY sensible and do neither! come join us future world dictators over in humanities...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
But you must not forget English. English lets you play with capital letters and grammar.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i did both... i absolutely hated physics and i didn't understand a bit of it. I still do chem and i'm not doing great in that either...
umm it really depends on what sort of person you are... chem is more memorising things while physics is more like maths to me..
i'd prefer chem anyday (maybe that has something to do with the fact that i abhorred my physics teacher...)

cameron0110

HSC
I personally reckon chem would be easier but then again I'm only basing this on the fact that I hated the year 10 physics stuff and I had a physics teacher for science in year 10 which meant that I never even slightly considered doing physics, but based on looking at the sort of things the physics people at our school have been required to do at least I can say that the chem tasks were much easier. So chem all the way!

cindercone

gday

i do both chem and physics and i have concluded chem must be easier cause i somehow got a larger mark in the trial for it, after doing no work, than i did in physics, which i do shit loads of work on.

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
yerr i do both... i reakon physics is harder coz there is a clear cut right/wrong answer, but with chem you can sorta have a stab in the dark and might still fool the markers into thinking you know wot ur talking about :p

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
this is my 2cents(without having read thru the thread)

it really depends on what type of person you are... if u are betta with numbers/maths i reckon u will find physics easier

otherwise personally i found both pretty easy:), but note: some stuff i neva really understood in chem, and prolly still dont:p. I found physics easier- but I had tutoring for it, so its kinda hard to say

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Apparently Physics and Chemistry scaled up the same.. some guy who supervises the marking of the HSc was telling us.

Man.. ive got a headache

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Atotoi said:
Apparently Physics and Chemistry scaled up the same.. some guy who supervises the marking of the HSc was telling us.

Man.. ive got a headache
They aren't, the scaled mean for chemistry is significantly higher than that of physics.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Chemistry would have to be the ugliest of the two. Physics is actually pretty interesting, and i just find chemistry harder to grasp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)