Chemistry Syllabus Problem/Question (1 Viewer)

schooly

Hi, i just wanted to ask a question about the new ammended syllabus although it isnt very new. It doesnt seem to mention anything about Lewis in 9.3 part 4. it mentions Lavoisier, Davy, arrhenius then mentions Bronsted-Lowry. does that mean they cant ask you anyhting on lewis?
Just asking

Thankyou

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Before they ammended the Chem syllabus at the end of last year for us, it actually mentioned Lewis, and now it doesn't so I'm assuming that we don't need to know anything about it. My teacher has practiacally said the same thing.

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Some things have been left out in the ammended syllabus that are just essential to the knowledge of the other stuff (look at the nuclear chem stuff). This Lewis stuff is not one of them, its like an extension.

My teacher didnt even mention it...

Ac

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
actually knowing lewis definition of acids/bases can be helpful

basically acids/bases act as electron pair donors/acceptors but electrons can only be traded as pairs

i'm not sure about the exact but i think it covers covalent substances??

mannnnndy

chocoholic
The lewis definition includes a lot more substances as acids/bases than any other definition.
according to the lewis definition: acids are elctron pair acceptors, bases are elctron pair donors.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
FYI, the G.N.Lewis definition is not examinable in the revised syllabus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)