Chemistry or Entertainment? (1 Viewer)

Which subject should i drop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
Hi all, at the moment i have been trying to decide which subject i should drop. I am currently doing 13 units approaching the 2006 HSC, yet i am unsure which subject to drop either chemistry or entertainment. Obviously a better UAI would be Chemistry but my marks in that subject and quite poor (36% preliminary), whereas my Entertainment marks are very good (86% preliminary). So which subject do you think would be better to drop? at the moment i am thinking Chemistry as i do not wish to keep the workload and i enjoy Entertainment and like the marks im getting from the subject. What do you guys think?

Regards Martin Cloughley

Riviet

HSC
N/A
DROP CHEMISTRY NOW. You are clearly way behind in chem, and it's probably too late to catch up now, and your marks are very good in entertainment. Here is some reasoning to support my advice :D:
- If you do something that you enjoy/like, you are likely to do well in it.
- Even if chemistry scales pretty good, you need to be doing well (obviously you're not) in it for the scaling to take any advantageous effect.
- If you're doing something that you don't like but scales well (chem), you're not going to perform anywhere as well as in entertainment, the subject that you like and do better in.
- The scaling is the LAST thing you should consider after enjoyment, and how well you do in the subject when choosing what to keep or drop.
I hope that makes things clear for you. :uhhuh:

HSC
I got 50% average in my prelim chem, then I studied hard and picked up and ended up with 85% in my chem CSSA trial. if you're willing to work hard you'll go fine in chem, only a few prelim concepts carrry over, i'd keep chemistry if i was you its a great scaling subject compared to entertainment as well (assuming you dont still get 30% in chem that is)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I booth agree and disagree with Casmira - its possible to greatly pick up your marks in chemistry, this is quite true however you must look at whether you have reasons enough for doing so. For instance if you were doing a science degree in university it would be beneficial to do some science in year 12 or if you enjoyed chemistry so far or you need the units. The thing is you don't seem to enjoy the course from the sounds of it and you don't need the units, so unless its relevant to where you definitely see your future going I advise you to drop Chemistry as its (rather unspectacular) scaling will not save you if you do poorly and you seem to be doing well in Entertainment.
Goodluck in your HSC year Martin and I hope you benefit from your choices whatever they may be.:)

HSC
N/A
In total agreement with Riviet.

Also, don't be disheartened by this poll - because I don't think people read the question properly.

Riviet, who advised you to stick with Entertainment, voted to drop Entertainment, Casmira who advised you to stick with Chem, voted to drop Chem.

I think they thought the question was the complete other way around, ie 'What should I keep?'

Anyway, best of luck. As I said, I agree with Riviet - if you don't really want the workload of Chemisty and you're not doing that well - yet you enjoy Entertainment more, and are getting better marks.... the solution seems obvious to me :)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Does entertainment even count for a U.A.I.

If so, i wish they offered it at my school

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
hey, thanks everyone for your opinions i think i will stick with entertainment. My chemistry teacher is a bit of a dill, the class average was 30% and out of the 15 - 20 ppl doin the course there are now 5, my marks in Chemistry have only been decreasing since i started and fear its gonna keep going down.

Yes Entertainment does actually go towards your UAI, you just have to do the exams to qualify for it.

Regards Martin Cloughley

7th Sign

HSC
doing martin,

people this kid has the shittest chem teacher this guy where even if you tried, you still would not go well , this teacher totally sucks....Entertainment should count to you uai if you gte like 90% but chem if you do shit in which you probly will do because you have boyd lol.....I say drop chem, Or you could get a tutor because boyd is such a shit teacher and then study heaps hard and you may do well but entertainment is the better option imo...

HSC
kami said:
I booth agree and disagree with Casmira - its possible to greatly pick up your marks in chemistry, this is quite true however you must look at whether you have reasons enough for doing so. For instance if you were doing a science degree in university it would be beneficial to do some science in year 12 or if you enjoyed chemistry so far or you need the units. The thing is you don't seem to enjoy the course from the sounds of it and you don't need the units, so unless its relevant to where you definitely see your future going I advise you to drop Chemistry as its (rather unspectacular) scaling will not save you if you do poorly and you seem to be doing well in Entertainment.
Goodluck in your HSC year Martin and I hope you benefit from your choices whatever they may be.:)
Its very unlikely ill do science at uni, but I did chemistry purely out of interest and enjoyed immensley studying for it. if you actually find to yourself no interest, i would drop it ;)

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Riviet, who advised you to stick with Entertainment, voted to drop Entertainment, Casmira who advised you to stick with Chem, voted to drop Chem.
that was a total mistake! lmao sorry :( i meant drop entertainment, i didnt read it properly

7th Sign

HSC
people the teacher this kid has is totally shit, its like having no teacher at all because thats how much you learn...take that into account aswell.

P

pLuvia

Never knew entertainment was a subject, but since you are doing bad in chemistry and better in entertainment, drop chemistry

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Hehe, I just read the rtitle of the thread and took it in a non educational manner. Chemistry or entertainment. pfft. What kind of subject is entertainement? I dont know, but if you like it, go for it.

7th Sign

HSC
entertainement is a vet subject its about stage production and shit

just another one of the random subjects offered at our school :cool:

biggest subject selection in the hsc :cool:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
What the hell? More people are saying to drop entertainment?! A bit ironic, lol. I guess the question was a little awkward, you should ask questions that are positive not negative, especially since we're in the hsc year. "Which subject should i keep" would be the ideal way of asking it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)