Chemistry - general thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Multiple choice were a bit tricky IMHO, I know I got at least two wrong there :(
The bulk of it was good. Nice to see some other dot-points like monitering of sulfer oxides and impact of Haber process. Forensic option was pretty good. I like the picture as it gave you a lot to choose from.

Overall an easy exam.

Ioup

HSC
Calculations were great.
Except I ran out of time for that EDTA question which I left last..damn.
Overall, I'd say a moderate test.

Screwed though, if you're a rote learner and can't write chem equations or do calculations.

suzieee

HSC
i did really badly, my whole class left before time had finished and i couldnt do the last part in my option (forensic chem)
i know i got at least two multiple choice q's right! yay! two marks :)

um, in the mc, there was a question about the average of something... were we supposed to use all 5 of the values, or just 4 because all the others were around 3.9 or something but there was one that was inconsistent with the other results (it was like 2.5 or something) i only used 4....

oh well, since most people thought it was hard, that means good scaling hey?

THE HSC IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

suzieee

HSC
Ioup said:
Screwed though, if you're a rote learner and can't write chem equations or do calculations.
i cant do either. so i failed.

actually, i did remember the haber process one, and the ethanol ones... i just made up equations for everything else and hoped they were right :)

H

housemouse

You only use four to calculate the average cause the outlier value isnt going to give a good average

bboyelement

HSC
housemouse said:
You only use four to calculate the average cause the outlier value isnt going to give a good average
i fuked it i didnt round it up... fuk

suzieee

HSC
housemouse said:
YAY! now i have 3 marks :)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
I Missed Out The Last 7 Marks Of The Option And They Were So Fuuuuking Easy Omg Im Going To Kill Myself Man Fuck

ringout13

HSC
N/A
HARDEST TEST EVER!
I cruised through the past papers and then i got to this test and all these random questions were in it like Antarctica and averaging and counting glucose condensation polymer. wtf these had never been asked b4.
Whats with this year? Every exam as been so much harder than last years if i dont get 80UAI and some dickhead did same amount of work as me last yr and gets 80 im going to suicide bomb these BOS fuckers. fuck them!
Whats with all the multiple choice trick questions? They are meant to be easy to give us at least some marks. Not making them complicated and spend half our time on them. i had 2a but i looked around the room and 3 nerds in my class had 2d so i changed my fucking answer and now its wrong. i also got tricked by the trick questions.
i got 9/15, thats fucked!

angmor

HSC
LOL you cheated? rofl man i fucked it badly. fucking missed out on 7 mark question and it was so fucking easy. fuck fuck fuck. fuck
did i mention FUCK?

CheekyPunk

HSC
Im thinking it was an ok test.
I did the CSSA trial and got 80% knowing less stuff than i did for this exam, however in the CSSA trial it was a lot easier to fudge and answer.

Multiple choice was definately harder. i think 12/15 :(
Short/long answers were ok, though i had a mental blank for a few things. Hopefully wont lose more than 10 there.
I did chem of art, that was ok... a few things i didnt know. hoping 20+/25

Should get in the 80s again =/ ... i better. >.<

[Damo]

HSC
Pretty ave test.
Stoked about the 7 marker in the option of industrial chem- natural source one. That will really sort out the top students from the average ones. The questions weren't random, they were just a different style from last few years, i.e, more prac based and required more thinking. Its simple; if you knew ur stuff, u should be fine...

P.S; easy on the the swearing!

HSC
I had never heard of the acidic salt experiment. I swore I had never done that at school. When I saw the question... :jaw: :uhoh:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I had never heard of the acidic salt experiment. I swore I had never done that at school. When I saw the question... :jaw: :uhoh:
yeh me neither. .wat the fuck was the answer for that ?

angmor

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
i did ammonium chloride for that...i dont know if its an 'experimental salt' if you know what i mean, like if its acutally obtainable in a school laboratory,,,,so might get that wrong

HSC
yeah most ppl I talked to put ammonium chloride. I honestly don't know where they got that from... hehe 'potassium' for some reason sounded delightfully acidic to me *slaps self on forehead*

Keskimo

HSC
i'm not the strongest chemistry student but i put a lot of work in writing my dot points and stuff. i think it paid off. some mathematical stuff i couldn't do, like the second ph question (don't laugh at me!!) and figuring out concentration of Ca2+ in mgL-1 - i just left it at mol L-1. most of the questions were ok though. was the one where they added chlorine something to the pool meant to be a buffer system (3 mark one)? and shipwrecks was good, we'd done heaps on restoring artefacts and srb...and now i'm finished woohoo :p

onomatopoeia

HSC
angmor said:
i did ammonium chloride for that...i dont know if its an 'experimental salt' if you know what i mean, like if its acutally obtainable in a school laboratory,,,,so might get that wrong
I had no idea in that question either, so I put ammonium chloride too - I am not the only one!!!

My thoughts on the exam: I thought is was a little on the easier side of the scales, except for that salt question. I was amazed that there were no questions about batteries and different cells! I found the Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservation option a breeze. I even finished the whole thing 1/2 an hour early, but I should have taken my time, my hand was so sore with RSI and I couldn't bend my fingers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)