Chemistry exam 2013 predictions! (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Im thinking 7 marker in Industrial on considerations in making supply plant, and in the core a big titration question, plus 5 or 6 marker on CFC's and/or oxides of nitrogen/sulfur. Or maybe AAS one. Not sure how hardcore the calculations would get, probs not that bad. Trying to decipher the trends in difficulty over past 12 years....

What do YOU hope to see in the exam? what are your strong/weak points of the course?

I wonder if Independent/Exam Choice are in cahootz with BOS.... lolol then our trials might be a nice source of revision ;)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Im thinking 7 marker in Industrial on considerations in making supply plant, and in the core a big titration question, plus 5 or 6 marker on CFC's and/or oxides of nitrogen/sulfur. Or maybe AAS one. Not sure how hardcore the calculations would get, probs not that bad. Trying to decipher the trends in difficulty over past 12 years....

What do YOU hope to see in the exam? what are your strong/weak points of the course?

I wonder if Independent/Exam Choice are in cahootz with BOS.... lolol then our trials might be a nice source of revision ;)
I was thinking of the bolded too. I hope there's a shit load of module 1 and first 3/4 of module 3. don't really mind module 2

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
I hope there is nothing on research tasks, like plastics (from ethene - PVC, polystyrene, etc), or lead acid cell/dry cell and another cell or chemical occupations (chem monitoring module) or in industrial i hope there isnt the alternative resource (rubber research task).

leesh95

HSC
I hope there is nothing on research tasks, like plastics (from ethene - PVC, polystyrene, etc), or lead acid cell/dry cell and another cell or chemical occupations (chem monitoring module) or in industrial i hope there isnt the alternative resource (rubber research task).
Same. Our teacher gave us all these research task as assignments and I haven't looked over it yet. I hope there is a lot of module 3 since that is the easiest one IMO.
For forensics I hope we don't have to draw structures of glucose, galactose, fructose or any of those.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I reckon environmental concerns with sulfuric acid, sodium hydroxide and the solvay process will be a 7 marker in industrial, and alternative resources to finally come up. I'm not expecting much on titrations, but maybe a 5-6 marker on acid rain, and a 7 marker on AAS. But as long as the "chemist in a named industry" point doesn't come up, I think we'll all be happy.

Inverse

HSC
Theory-based:
To be honest, microscopic membranes, acid-base theories, the procedure of making a primary/secondary standard and even titration graph/equivalence point might be in it - havent seen those questions for a while. Maybe, explaining the interaction between conjugate acid/base and strong or weak acid/base given a certain reaction? But then again don't take my word for it! :p But definitely hoping chemists + the collaboration crap; electrolytic cells; precipitation tests or the natural rubber extended response aren't in this year's paper!

Practical-based:
Pretty tricky to predict pracs imo, but probably esterification, decolourisation of alkanes, .... Yeah need to look at pracs LOL ><

Last edited:

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Pretty tricky to predict pracs imo, but probably esterification, decolourisation of alkanes, .... Yeah need to look at pracs LOL ><
Esterification was asked last year. I don't think it will come up in a big way this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)