Chemical Engineering Inquiry. (1 Viewer)

MarccAnthony

HSC
N/A
i was wondering, if i did general math, i get about 95-99% every
for me test gen math is extremely easy and i do physics but those are about the only two HSC courses that would be related to engineering that i did/doing.
How hard would it be for me to do a bridging course in Ext 1 math. I have learnt just out of my own curiosity and a mates textbook 2U math topics but other then that nothing else. Would you suggest i take on chemical engineering. I have a real love for physics etc but i dont really want to do a degree in Science.
Any help. :)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
i was wondering, if i did general math, i get about 95-99% every
for me test gen math is extremely easy and i do physics but those are about the only two HSC courses that would be related to engineering that i did/doing.
How hard would it be for me to do a bridging course in Ext 1 math. I have learnt just out of my own curiosity and a mates textbook 2U math topics but other then that nothing else. Would you suggest i take on chemical engineering. I have a real love for physics etc but i dont really want to do a degree in Science.
Any help. :)
Hi, because you're acing general I think that bridging course you are thinking about won't be too hard, although it may be a lot of work it'll help you get closer to that chemical engineering degree.

Also, on another note from what I've heard, Uni maths/physics are a different scope to high school, so general won't be enough.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
The physics is a lot harder than the math in my opinion (and in popular belief), however obviously that depends on each persons perception of difficulty.
I did general math, nothing related to engineering whatsoever (i.e. no physics,nor chem, lets just say I did all the literature based subjects, pretty much the opposite xD), oh and I'm doing Electrical engineering lololol
I did do the bridging course for 3u math, physics. The math bridging course is alright, they aim to teach you at a general math level anyway and it's not too difficult. They actually teach you some 3u stuff that is related to the HSC syllabus, but only the ones that are necessary for your math course in uni. For example they don't teach projectile motion, that stuff is in physics anyway.
Math bridging course was better than the physics one in my opinion,
But... at the end of the day it all comes to effort. It's a lot more challenging than high school problems anyway. I worked hard during first semester and ended up getting HD's in both math and Higher Physics, ironically the subjects I felt more familiar with got less.
So hard work is the main key to overcoming any difficulty, that or having an eidetic memory =D

Last edited:

MarccAnthony

HSC
N/A
The physics is a lot harder than the math in my opinion (and in popular belief), however obviously that depends on each persons perception of difficulty.
I did general math, nothing related to engineering whatsoever (i.e. no physics,nor chem, lets just say I did all the literature based subjects, pretty much the opposite xD), oh and I'm doing Electrical engineering lololol
I did do the bridging course for 3u math, physics. The math bridging course is alright, they aim to teach you at a general math level anyway and it's not too difficult. They actually teach you some 3u stuff that is related to the HSC syllabus, but only the ones that are necessary for your math course in uni. For example they don't teach projectile motion, that stuff is in physics anyway.
Math bridging course was better than the physics one in my opinion,
But... at the end of the day it all comes to effort. It's a lot more challenging than high school problems anyway. I worked hard during first semester and ended up getting HD's in both math and Higher Physics, ironically the subjects I felt more familiar with got less.
So hard work is the main key to overcoming any difficulty, that or having an eidetic memory =D

So how hard is the 3u math bridging course? I mean i do grasp stuff easy when i study etc, but i mean they are 1-2 week courses. That feels to me like you would have to literally force years of prior knowledge into your head?? Thankyou for the replies by the way:0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)