Chem tutoring centres? (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Does anyone go chem tutoring and where are you guys at in terms of the syllabus? is it good? i hear zhangs and peak and ngo and matrix but out of these which ones good

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Does anyone go chem tutoring and where are you guys at in terms of the syllabus? is it good? i hear zhangs and peak and ngo and matrix but out of these which ones good
Peak and zhangs are good to learn from. Matrix On Demand is good for the resources

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
any past chem student/ current one that did not do chem tutoring, how did u guys study for chemistry and using what resources?

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
can you quickly go through the content they are ahead in? I started chem in peak y11 and they r currently working on mod 3
i mean i can but idk how to- like what i should be learning from
the textbooks are pretty decent at explaining content and going in depth but they don't teach u how to do questions and the questions they have are easy af compared to the hard ones in tutoring

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i mean i can but idk how to- like what i should be learning from
the textbooks are pretty decent at explaining content and going in depth but they don't teach u how to do questions and the questions they have are easy af compared to the hard ones in tutoring
you could buy some old notes from a senior that did the hsc last yr and learn something basic so you're not too behind. + peak gives you resources from previous terms

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
you could buy some old notes from a senior that did the hsc last yr and learn something basic so you're not too behind. + peak gives you resources from previous terms
would u say the old notes that ineed to pay for are better than the ones that are available for free on this forum and other places e.g ace

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
would u say the old notes that ineed to pay for are better than the ones that are available for free on this forum and other places e.g ace
depends on the person. My science priv tutor is a med graduate that did exceptionally well during the hsc for the sciences she did, so I can reliably trust her notes. Buying some notes off some random parramatta high graduate wont rlly suffice for a price

carrotsss

HSC
any past chem student/ current one that did not do chem tutoring, how did u guys study for chemistry and using what resources?
Personally I learnt ahead using Edrolo, and then reinforced everything using past hsc questions and now I just do trial papers from thsc, which works for me. Once I’ve done it in class (basically revision) I’m usually pretty solid at all of the topics, you really don’t need that many resources for chem. The only other thing that helps me is my (very legal) copy of ATAR notes chemistry, which is good if u wanna quicky jog your memory on a topic without reading through the unnecessary information overload of normal textbooks.

pogchampion

HSC
Personally, I think matrix has the best chemistry notes (they have a large book for each module) but the problem is their classes are quite slow and can have students who aren't really driven so the atmosphere isn't the best.

I heard that Zhang's is pretty good as well, but I have not been there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)