chem questions (1 Viewer)

Kaatie

HSC
1. If the system 2CO(g)+O2(g)<--> 2CO2(g) + 564kJ is at equilibrium predict the effect of the changes listed in a and b on:
i) the conc of all the species
ii) the rates of forward and reverse reactions
a) inc the temp
b) red the temp

2. Consider the reaction 2SO2(g) + O2(g) <--> 2SO3(g) + 99kJ predict the effect of adding a catalyst on:
i) the con of the species
ii) the rates of forward and reverse reactions
a) before the system reached equilibrium
b) after reached equilbrium

3. Identify the pollutant gas that forms sulfurous acid with water

4. Dolomite is a natural carbon mineral. Its chem formula is MgCO3.CaCO3. Acid rain containing sulfurous acids attacks samples of dolomite. Write the equation for the reaction between the dolomite and the acid rain sample.

5. Solid beryllium oxide reacts with potassium hydroxide solution to form a solution containing the beryllate ion (Be(OH)4^-2). Write a balanced ionic equation. DONE but cant do
b) the solution in a is slowly acidified with dilute HCl until excess acid is present. Write this equation.

6) The roasting of copper (I) sulfide in oxygen produces molten copper metal and sulphur dioxide. Write a balanced equation for this reaction
b) aqueous solutions of sufur dioxide are oxidised by oxygen to form sulfuric acid. Write an equation for this.

any help would be great, i know theres alot there.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
5a. Be+ + 4OH-(aq) --> Be(OH)4-2.
(Note, however, that this is not a true ionic equation, as I've dissociated a solid (in Beryllium oxide). Good enough?)

The rest, undone as of this moment.
Woops, typo XD

kwabon

Banned
HSC
1a. Applying Le Chatelier's principle, increasing the temperature will result in the concentration of CO and O2 to decrease, CO2 to increase, and the forward-reaction rate to increase.
The reaction is exothermic.

sorry but r u sure that is right??? from what i have learnt if the equation is exothermic then there will be CO2 produce, but since it is an equilibrium reaction the amount of CO2 will decrease and the yield of CO and O2 to increase.
yeh i am pretty sure. if i am wrong would someone be kind enough to explain y.
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)