chem pracs (1 Viewer)

billbuilds

HSC
when i chose chemistry in year 10 it was because i wanted to do lots of pracs. so far weve done aroud 4 pracs. ive got some chemicals at home of my dads and equipment (retort standing vials test tubes and that).
would you think my teacher would give me small amounts of chemicals like salts. - non harmfull ones. is it worth askin or would they just say no?

billbuilds

HSC
i can make some of the salts but the only acids ive got ar HCl 6mol/L and HNO3 6mol/L and they might be a bit to dangerous

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Why don't you ask your teacher to organise some pracs for you to do in class? There are much more than 4 compulsory practicals that you have to do.

HSC
Yea there should def be more than 4 pracs if ur doing HSC chem, we've done like 15 pracs during the entire HSC course and overall bout 30+ since prelim....

u should def ask ur teacher bout that

billbuilds

HSC
we do do pracs but there not all that exciting.
put nail in diffrent waters and then check it a week later - YAY how fun.

tennille

HSC
Generally, the only practicals you will do are those part of the syllabus. If you would like to do more advanced experiments, you should consider doing chemistry at university (that is, of course, if you enjoy the theory :p).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)