chem, physics,eco (1 Viewer)

dan.121212

HSC
Chemistry, Physics and Economics

Thinkin about droppin one, but going EXTREMELY well in all of them (unlike english) - which one u rekon i should drop?

which one scales least - or are they all well scaled and teh differences very small?

Also, in thinking about which to drop, should i take into account whether other people are droppin it (ie if 5 of the top 10 in chem are droppin it, how will that affect me? or wont it?)

Finally, i know its good to keep one science and one humanity, and that would lead one to drop either chem or physics, but im thinking the sciences are not 'easier' but are much less essay based than eco, which would lead one to drop eco...

Final Question: For university i know for some courses u need at least 2 units of science to get in, but do i HAVE to have done economics to get into an economics course or actuary course at uni? (keepin all my options open as i dont know what i want to do yet)

thx a heap

genril

Banned
HSC
no, economics is not a recommended/required subject for any uni course i have ever seen, and i've looked at all the economics/commerce etc. etc. courses.

i'd probably drop physics, but if i was a maths wiz i'd drop chem.

LordPc

HSC
well if you are weak in essays and you truly feel that you wont be able to improve your essays then i would have to say drop eco. you gotta be able to write a good essay, even if your short answer and MC are perfect

but otherwise i think it would be better to drop a science course as i think you can complete a bridging couse in the gap between yr 12 and uni. so if you drop physics but decide you wanna take up a course where you should have some physics knowledge, you can get a grasp of the basics in the bridging course

but if your going well, i dunno why you would drop any....

and i think physics scales the worst, chem best, based on the scaling page on this site

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
dan.121212 said:
Chemistry, Physics and Economics

Thinkin about droppin one, but going EXTREMELY well in all of them (unlike english) - which one u rekon i should drop?

which one scales least - or are they all well scaled and teh differences very small?

Also, in thinking about which to drop, should i take into account whether other people are droppin it (ie if 5 of the top 10 in chem are droppin it, how will that affect me? or wont it?)

Finally, i know its good to keep one science and one humanity, and that would lead one to drop either chem or physics, but im thinking the sciences are not 'easier' but are much less essay based than eco, which would lead one to drop eco...

Final Question: For university i know for some courses u need at least 2 units of science to get in, but do i HAVE to have done economics to get into an economics course or actuary course at uni? (keepin all my options open as i dont know what i want to do yet)

thx a heap
as genril said, there are no courses that require HSC economics. but doing economics at HSC is a huge head-start if your going to do any finance or commerce degree.
if you are ever planning on doing a science related degree, chemistry is lot more useful than physics.
if youre unsure just keep all three.

dan.121212

HSC
thanx guys for ur advice, but no i cannot keep all 3 or else ill be running at 14 units, now u see my dilema - i was under the impression physics scaled better tha chem??? dunno....more help is appreciated...

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Don't drop Economics. Economics is like the sexiest subject offered, plus it'll give you some variety. sif you need 4units of science though. If you're doing well in all your subjects, drop the one you hate the most.

dan.121212

HSC
Jachie said:
Don't drop Economics. Economics is like the sexiest subject offered, plus it'll give you some variety. sif you need 4units of science though. If you're doing well in all your subjects, drop the one you hate the most.
what if ya like them all,... equally
plus could someone answer my Q about if heaps of fellow smart ppl are droppina subject does that make it better for me, so i can go better compared to teh rest (ie keep it) or does it make me go worse cause the otha marks wontbe good and will wpull me down (ie drop it)...

lcx

HSC
u shouldnt drop any. stick witht he 14, and onli drop later in the yr in the subject u rank the worst in. but u should keep eco as it ranks well, and well helps in everyday financial situatins as the terms are use all over the stoick markets etc

cs01001

HSC
Hmm, they all scale roughly the same. As someone mentioned earlier, keep Chem as it is more useful for university courses, and its not necessary to do 4 units worth of science... and Yeah, keep Economics!

dan.121212

HSC
dan.121212 said:
what if ya like them all,... equally
plus could someone answer my Q about if heaps of fellow smart ppl are droppina subject does that make it better for me, so i can go better compared to teh rest (ie keep it) or does it make me go worse cause the otha marks wontbe good and will wpull me down (ie drop it)...
could someone answer this please???? thx

HSC
It might make you look slightly better rank-wise, in your school only. But it won't affect your marks, though perhaps with less intelligent discussion your understanding of a subject might slip. You shouldn't choose your subjects based on what others are doing anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)