Check this out - The number of students in 2007 HSC (NSW) vs no. of Uni places (1 Viewer)

blackness

Crazy crazy just crazy
HSC
hey

I was just wondering,

if there were about 62000 students sitting the HSC in 2007 (NSW) it is possible for all of them to get into university

University of Sydney offers about 30000 places , thats like half of the state students

and everyone else could fit into others Universities with PLACES STILL LEFT

LOL

universities just want to make money so I believe the UAI is not a real problem ( i wish)

soooooo

am i talking sense !!!!!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The 30000 you mention is total student numbers not first years.

As most students are at uni for 3 - 4 years that intake for first years would be about 10 - 12,000.

In addition not all students who wish to enrol will be coming from NSW (remember that ACT students get a UAI without sitting the HSC) and other states students can apply, and are accepted, to Sydney or any other uni in Australia.

gm.haider3000

HSC
do you have to do engineering studies inorder to become an engineer ?? can some 1 tell me what are my options for good uni coursers if im doing
4unit maths
2unit english
2unit economics
2unit business studies
becuase im really confused on what to do in uni still hanvt made my mind but im aiming at in the 80 for UAI and possibly just enter 90's

ibewatto

HSC
benji6667 said:
even if ur logic was correct, i imagine the only courses left for those who dnt care about their UAI would be Chinese Medicine or Garbology
:rofl:

also your theory sounds lovely. but there isnt enough crack in the world to convince anyone else...especially the uni's....thus no bludging allowed...less u have money, if so...gimme

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
gm.haider3000 said:
do you have to do engineering studies inorder to become an engineer ?? can some 1 tell me what are my options for good uni coursers if im doing
4unit maths
2unit english
2unit economics
2unit business studies
becuase im really confused on what to do in uni still hanvt made my mind but im aiming at in the 80 for UAI and possibly just enter 90's

My answer would be no due to the fact that my school doesn't offer engineering studies and we have had students, in the past, go on to do engineering at uni.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
gm.haider3000 said:
4unit maths
2unit english
2unit economics
2unit business studies
Engineeer usually need physics.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
To op, supply can not exceed demand for uni places or economy/UAI system would collapse. Staff, funding and places for low demand courses are constant being reduced to maintain a standard.

davidbarnes said:
Engineeer usually need physics.
But high school physics is relatively basic, you'll be able to pick it up easily at uni if you're good enough with your maths anyway.

gm.haider3000, you can do whatever you want, no one cares about what you studied in high school and no one on the internet can tell you what course to choose.

Do engineering. Or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)