• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cheating... (1 Viewer)

Who is more at fault?

• The person already in a relationship

Votes: 53 65.4%
  • The 'other' person

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • They're both about the same

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
pretty much the same, if i had to name which side is more at fault it would be whichever side the female is on.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Serius said:
pretty much the same, if i had to name which side is more at fault it would be whichever side the female is on.

WTF ???? U R FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD, (instead of a radical feminist i have to call u radical meninist ) JUST BECOZ U CAME ACROSS WITH A FEMALE SLUT WHO TREATED U LIKE SHIT , DOESN'T MEAN ALL FEMALES R LIKE that .
OPEN UR EYES AND GET TO KNOW PEOPLE B4 JUMPING INTO CONCLUSION .

Rinni

HSC
Serius said:
WTF?!?!?!?!?! That gives the impression that ur a sexist bastard, did u realise that??

PrettyVacant

HSC
As in, a girl with a boyfriend cheats on him by having a sexual experience with another female?

:\ Well, if a guy has sex with another guy while a girl is dating one of them, I suppose it would be quite confusing and I wouldn't be as offended, I guess (compared to cheating on you with another girl).

PrettyVacant

HSC
Rinni said:
Offended maybe not...disturbed yes
There was that Will and Grace episode where they showed this flashback to when Will and Grace were dating and Will tells Grace he's gay and breaks up with her and Grace gets really really really offended because she thinks she "turned him gay".

PrettyVacant

HSC
Well, Will was gay. And gay men always have lots of female best friends.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Rinni said:
WTF?!?!?!?!?! That gives the impression that ur a sexist bastard, did u realise that??
Maybe, i prefer to not have to pick, but when it comes down to it men are hardwired to have multiple partners, women are hardwired to have one partner and settle down. A woman who cheats on her man doesnt really have any biological excuse, and when the man cheats allthough he is still in the wrong, you can see how he could be easily lured by an attractive female. In both cases everyone is in the wrong, but i also feel the female is slightly more in the wrong.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Serius said:
Maybe, i prefer to not have to pick, but when it comes down to it men are hardwired to have multiple partners, women are hardwired to have one partner and settle down. A woman who cheats on her man doesnt really have any biological excuse, and when the man cheats allthough he is still in the wrong, you can see how he could be easily lured by an attractive female. In both cases everyone is in the wrong, but i also feel the female is slightly more in the wrong.

thats the BIGGEST LOAD OF BULL SHIT i ever heard . everyone is different and unique not every guy thinks like u , ( i hope not )
if u have that type of mentality u will end up being miserable when u get old
i hope it changes in future otherwise u will die alone sad .... i just feel sorry for u

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
not everyone needs another person to feel validated and happy. I am sorry that such a concept is difficult for you to grasp. It takes 2 people to cheat, just because the cheatee isnt the one in the relationship doesnt mean they are morally absolved.

quik.

HSC
Why not?

They have no responsibility to the other person's partner.

From their perspective it is simply two consenting people getting what they want and having a good time.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
There was that Will and Grace episode where they showed this flashback to when Will and Grace were dating and Will tells Grace he's gay and breaks up with her and Grace gets really really really offended because she thinks she "turned him gay".
I did that once.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Serius said:
Okay I get it that men are a lot more open about sexuality than women are, and therefore come off about twenty times as horny.

But women enjoy sex as much as men do, and are also tempted when the opportunity arises. So I wouldn't say men are hardwired to have multiple partners and women aren't. However, the consequences of unprotected or unsafe sex affect women more than men (i.e. pregnancy) so that might be the reason why women aren't as willingly promiscuous.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I believe that both parties are responsible, but the main responsibility lies with the person already involved in a relationship. This's because he/she shares the responsibilities that come with the relationship and the partner, while the single man/woman is only responsible for him/herself. Even though knowingly encouraging somebody to cheat is pretty low, it's not really an excuse for someone to say "he/she made me cheat" when the power to resist lies solely within themselves.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
as usual a very well thought out and enlightened post dreamerish. Theres heaps of other reasons aswell, like socially if a man sleeps around he is a champ, if a woman does it shes a slut, that stuff i wasnt just pulling out of my arse either, a kid in one of my first year psych classes did a presentation on the differences between the sexes.[ would be a bit of an effort to try and find which journal articles he used though]

I honnestly do think that a cheatee has responsability, and if they say they didnt know 9/10 its bullshit. Respecting a relationship and respecting yourself are a big part of it, it takes 2 people to cheat and straight up its a low thing to do. I used to think it was ok to be a cheatee, because fuck it, its his responsability to keep his girl in line and if she wants to cheat then so be it right? but that was an immature way to think... cheating causes alot of pain, pain i dont want to be part in causing. They dont call cheatees homebreakers for nothing.

quik.

HSC
Somehow I thought letting the relationship degenerate to the stage where one partner is willing to cheat was more of a homewrecker than someone who simply sleeps with another person.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
Serius said:
not everyone needs another person to feel validated and happy. I am sorry that such a concept is difficult for you to grasp. It takes 2 people to cheat, just because the cheatee isnt the one in the relationship doesnt mean they are morally absolved.

i understand wht u saying but ur comments about females "female is slightly more in the wrong" and the part where u said men are hardwired to have multiple partners, women are hardwired to have one partner and settle down. A woman who cheats on her man doesnt really have any biological excuse,. it shows ur narrow mind ( one way thinking) and not ur intellectual ability to think extensively.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Men are biologically predetermined to have the urge to spread their seed far and wide with as many partners as possible.

Women have no benefit from having multiple partners so long as the one is able to impregnate them.

The truth is, men should be sleeping with as many women as possible, realistically 3 different women a day, and a women should only be having sex once every 9 months.

ashanc

HSC
ElGronko said:
Men are biologically predetermined to have the urge to spread their seed far and wide with as many partners as possible.

Women have no benefit from having multiple partners so long as the one is able to impregnate them.

The truth is, men should be sleeping with as many women as possible, realistically 3 different women a day, and a women should only be having sex once every 9 months.

LOL El Gronko, ur hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)