cheating/receiving zero for trials (1 Viewer)

milkycarry

HSC
N/A
I got caught cheating in my legal hsc trials because i had notes written on my arm, and therefore will be receiving a zero.
One of my other subjects is SLR which is non-atar, which means i am basically doing 10 hsc atar units.
Will this stuff my atar up, can i still get a good atar or should i just repeat? (which i dont really want to do)

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Flop21

HSC
Wow. To be honest if you were that dumb to write notes on your arm - how could you have expected a good ATAR anyway?

~15% of your legal studies mark will now be 0. So I suppose it drags that mark down a little bit. But not drastically, and definitely not enough to make you want to repeat.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You can always elect to only repeat one subject (legal) next year if it dramatically impacts your ATAR
(Maybe through TAFE/Open high school), and you can work/take a gap year?

Externals still make up 50% so you still have a massive chance to improve your overall marks in that subject.

All you can do now is study hard, and chalk it up to a learning experience (e.g don't cheat, you may/will get caught).

Flop21

HSC
To be honest, you tried to cheat, thus cheating your classmates, thus the state.

BUT, I hope you're not feeling too down. Just get on with studying and smash externals, don't dwell on it because what's done is done.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on what you mean by a good ATAR-and we have no indication how you were progressing throughout the year, but in general-I think the take home lesson from this is to avoid any possibility of being accused of cheating in the future by taking the necessary precautions such as not having notes written on your hand, I think the best you can do is to try your best in your external HSC and if the final mark you get is very unsatisfactory, you might want to repeat year 12 again or achieve whatever you want to do through appropriate pathways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)