cheap housing (urgent) (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
where can i find somewhere cheap to stay?
obviously for like the next few days I can crash at people's and maybe use backpackers but how do I start looking for a place to stay?
where do I start looking?
I'm doing the hsc, I'm not working. I have about two and a half grand, I need somewhere for the next four months.
possible?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
u can pay in sex

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If your living situation is a massive problem (like your parents beat you up or something) there is usually a government funded emergency housing for youths. They're normally either free or half of what the rent is usually worth (depending on how long you're staying, plus it has a heap of restrictions eg no outgoing calls). Google "youth emergency housing" or something

If you're thinking of moving out for real, you need to work, as well as receive centrelink. If you don't qualify, I suggest that you do (get independency). For ways to qualify, click here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=141640

It's possible to do the HSC, do really well, and be living away from home the whole time. I did it. But it takes massive amounts of focus, routine and self control.

The rule is; the more west (WEST) or delapilated and old (but not trendy like Newtown) the suburb is, the cheaper. Stanmore, Dulwich Hill etc.

You want to move out with a BUNCH of people for the rent to stay cheap. You think you can afford $170 a week, but the reality is, you have a bunch of hidden living costs you probably don't know about.

Hope it helps.

HSC
N/A
http://www.yaa.com.au/yeal.html

These places are quite cheap, and I think you get a decent amount of support if you're in trouble of some sort. They can take up to 2 weeks to process your application and obtain accomodation though. Try the ones closer to your school (although that's pretty much common sense I guess).

Given that it's your HSC year, you're not working and need that money to last you over 4 months, I think some of these places might be fairly decent. Good luck :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
2500/4 months is $156 a week, so yeh. Start looking for a weekend job.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
If you have a friend with really nice parents you might be able to shack up there for a bit, especially if something bad has happened to you. You might not even have to pay rent, if they're awesome or you know them on a personal level. Someone I know did this, well kind of. Not for as long as you're thinking of doing. But it might work.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Just crash at your friend place or even better a refuge. There are some nice one like in Stanmore which is pretty safe, secure and better your own room.

You can try a boys boarding house in stanmore where i use to live. It pretty expensive but your rent pay for your food, cleaning etc. Currently is cost around a 320 dollar a fornight for a room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)