Changing your mind?! (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Is anyone else rethinking their idea?

I, when I thought of it, really liked my idea for my story; but now all of a sudden I'm not really interested in it and want to change the whole thing!

Anyone the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jhakka

Do it. I went through two changes. One was a total overhaul of what I wanted to do, while the second was just a rework of my better idea.

If you don't like what you're doing, change it. You won't get the marks by working on something you hate.

HSC
N/A
I also did one entire concept/idea change (in about Febuary) and one full re-working (somewhere early in Term 2).

If you are planning on starting something new, I suggest starting on it ASAP and maybe also trying to work the current one at the same time. First drafts normally aren't masterpieces, but at the same time you really do need to have a somewhat strong idea of what you're going to be working on for the next x months very soon, if not by now. (time factor, it sucks I know!)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Haha~ We all changed our minds by the end of last year... I had to because mine is too much into the psychology and I had to take a course if I wanted to do it, so my mentor advised me to drop the idea.

Spring Sakura

HSC
I did that too, I think I changed my idea five times until now.
First it was multimedia, then poetry, then short story idea 1, short story idea 2, short story idea 3....and in the end I ended up writing a load of crap--and stuck with it.
If you want to change because you're totally over your current idea; DO IT!!!
No point writing something you don't like coz it wont be as good as something you're passionate about.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Spring Sakura said:
No point writing something you don't like coz it wont be as good as something you're passionate about.
Yeah~ My teacher always tell us to choose something we give a shit about... -_-;

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
after goin to that study day.. i have decided to change my concept completely.. i just lost interest after hearing what they had to say...

now everytime i think about my old concept i feel like crying cos it was so bad XD~

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive changed my idea heaps... i made *hopefully* my final change after i went to the lectures in newtown.. my teacher hates me cause ive changed my mind the most and because ive written the least.. but i cant help it if my mind cant stay focused on one thing!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
_muse_ said:
ive changed my idea heaps... i made *hopefully* my final change after i went to the lectures in newtown.. my teacher hates me cause ive changed my mind the most and because ive written the least.. but i cant help it if my mind cant stay focused on one thing!
Omg; I feel EXACTLY the same as you! I keep changing my mind aswell! It is hard; we're expected to write a good piece of work. Mind u, I think I'm giving myself too much flack about my ideas! I'm never happy; but I just really want to write a story that I like and that says something!

I want my story to have meaning and give the reader something to think about when they finish reading it, u know? :confused:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:
Omg; I feel EXACTLY the same as you! I keep changing my mind aswell! It is hard; we're expected to write a good piece of work. Mind u, I think I'm giving myself too much flack about my ideas! I'm never happy; but I just really want to write a story that I like and that says something!

I want my story to have meaning and give the reader something to think about when they finish reading it, u know? :confused:
yep thats exactly what i wanted too.

Manan

HSC
It might help to just write something down and then do from there. Cause I had the same problem. I wanted to make my reader feel the same emotions as my characters, but i had trouble. It really helped to try and get something down and work from there.

Cheers

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Hmmm...I seem to be weird in that I've stuck to my initial concept, just fleshing it out a bit more from time to time. If you really can't decide you might want to consider writing a collection of similarly-themed stories that are wide enough in variety to help you maintain interest, as opposed to one long, sustained piece which you're more likely to get bored with in the long-term.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
It's not weird, you just seem to have had some good luck!

Good Luck with it! :D

devious_lisa

HSC
_muse_ said:
i noe exactly how u feel, i keep changing my mind as well, because i keep having these sudden bursts of ideas and i can't help but want to go around my story in tangents......i hate this prospect of possibliy dropping ext 2
but i like it alot and dun wanna take the easy way out, i have ext hist too so i, very soon, need to kick start into working on my major works hard!!!!

devious_lisa

HSC
PiNkPiXiE said:

yeh i want my story to be like dat, and i thikn that everyone wishes thier stories to have meaning, i wanted my story to kinda arouse the inner insanity of my readers and realli make them think how crazy realli is the world? but i have no idea how i'm gonna do dat, and teachers dun help much either because they arent u and they dont understand wot ur trying to get at...

devious_lisa

HSC
i think sometimes to get the most meaning outta something is actually doing some thing that dosent have meaning, if you noe wot i mean.......
like going on walks juss for no particular reason, might be the answer to many of your problems on ur uncertainties to your mw, also its somewhere where inspiration might juss come to u, when ur actually doing something without meaning, its where u would most likely to get meaning.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
I think that your research should evolve out of your MW, not the other way around, because that just restricts you even further. so here's a tip. JUST WRITE!

Crazy Horse

HSC
I havnt really "changed" my mind but my idea has developed and what I thought would be the main aspect in my story is now just a minority because I want to focus on something else.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
jhakka said:
Do it. I went through two changes. One was a total overhaul of what I wanted to do, while the second was just a rework of my better idea.

If you don't like what you're doing, change it. You won't get the marks by working on something you hate.
Too right! i've changed my idea twice now and i'm much happier with this one. my first idea was just shit, it was sooo cliched and shithouse then i thought of something else then i hated that too so i came up with this one and i like it!!!
do what you want!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)